• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in New Zealand 2013/14

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
If Neesham is to play a Jacob Oram role... well Oram batted at 6, which would currently be too high for Neesham and anyway Anderson is there (and also provides overs which reduce the comparative value of Neesham's bowling).
Oram kinda floated between 6 & 7 though, going as high as 5 and as low as 8. He actually only ever played at the same spot across two matches (four innings) twice; at 6 once and at 7 once. He often changed in match as situation dictated. He played 22 innings at 6 and 23 at 7, averaging 34 and 42 respectively (2 100s vs 3 100s respectively). 6 may be a bit high considering the actual suggested quality of our 3-6, but could see him come in at 7 if the situation requires a dasher and not the steady hand of our beloved Watling.

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Oram kinda floated between 6 & 7 though, going as high as 5 and as low as 8. He actually only ever played at the same spot across two matches (four innings) twice; at 6 once and at 7 once. He often changed in match as situation dictated. He played 22 innings at 6 and 23 at 7, averaging 34 and 42 respectively (2 100s vs 3 100s respectively). 6 may be a bit high considering the actual suggested quality of our 3-6, but could see him come in at 7 if the situation requires a dasher and not the steady hand of our beloved Watling.
Yes looking at Oram's record I was surprised to see how much he moved between 5 and 8. I guess my main point though is that through the middle of his test career he was definitely good enough to bat at 6, even if he didn't always.