• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in New Zealand 2013/14

Energetic

U19 Cricketer
New Zealand should be favourites providing the pitches are hopeless for spinners but have a funny feeling pitches could be very flat. 5 days against India means massive revenue.

Unomaas

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
It seems many "cricket analysts" are touting India to win simply because India ranked number 2. Do these people even watch NZ cricket? I rate this NZ attack especially at home! Alot of people also forget to mention KS William's bowling exploits. Last year he averaged 32! That's Kallis and Watson territory...more than handy! Fulton's been getting alot of flack lately but his blunting that new ball and protecting the middle order. Corey is bloody dangerous with his swinging balls and looks like a bowling allrounder rather than the other way around. Very interested to see if Ryder will be accommodated in the test team and where in the batting line up he will feature.

Hesson has also made a call for swinging tracks to greet India which was met with alot of eyebrows. I can tell you that there was a lot of confusion and anger in SAF when India played tests because the pitches were not SAF-like. There were accusations that CSA had rolled over for the BCCI. There are also whispering's and mutterings that NZ might roll over for the BCCI by making the pitches more conductive to batting. Are there any truth to these rumors?

Shri

Mr. Glass
I can tell you that there was a lot of confusion and anger in SAF when India played tests because the pitches were not SAF-like. There were accusations that CSA had rolled over for the BCCI. There are also whispering's and mutterings that NZ might roll over for the BCCI by making the pitches more conductive to batting. Are there any truth to these rumors?
Those idiots clearly didn't watch the SA-Ind tests or those morons are just walking around looking for things to get riled up about. Was a fair series with decent tracks.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm looking forward to this series. Hopefully Pandey will get a chance to prove himself. I think he could form a good partnership with Shami. I think Bhuveneshwar should be good in the conditions too.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Aren't NZ conditions more suited to swing bowling? He's certainly a better fit for this tour than Ishant who's more hit the deck bowler.
Not really, no. Traditionally more suited to seam bowlers with grassy wickets.

I think we will see the ball swing in Auckland though.

Wellington's an odd one. I think we will see early seam movement, but the wind needs to be a certain type for it to allow for swing bowling.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
It isn't Asia. I think Asian conditions won't be kind to him in the long-term. I think other conditions can be a goldmine for him.
Until very recently, Southee, a swing bowler, had a better record in the subcontinent than at home.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
It seems many "cricket analysts" are touting India to win simply because India ranked number 2. Do these people even watch NZ cricket? I rate this NZ attack especially at home! Alot of people also forget to mention KS William's bowling exploits. Last year he averaged 32! That's Kallis and Watson territory...more than handy! Fulton's been getting alot of flack lately but his blunting that new ball and protecting the middle order. Corey is bloody dangerous with his swinging balls and looks like a bowling allrounder rather than the other way around. Very interested to see if Ryder will be accommodated in the test team and where in the batting line up he will feature.

Hesson has also made a call for swinging tracks to greet India which was met with alot of eyebrows. I can tell you that there was a lot of confusion and anger in SAF when India played tests because the pitches were not SAF-like. There were accusations that CSA had rolled over for the BCCI. There are also whispering's and mutterings that NZ might roll over for the BCCI by making the pitches more conductive to batting. Are there any truth to these rumors?
Lol, so this conspiracy theory is going to get rolled out anytime India do semi-reasonably well on an away tour.

Brutal.

Flem274*

123/5
Not sure I'd put us at 3 tbh. Jury is still out on Wagner and Sodhi is a project player. Southee, Boult and Anderson are the only bowlers proven in their roles.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
The jury's well and truly in on Wagner. He's a poor-average 3rd seamer and needs to be replaced as soon as we find someone better.

Southee-Boult-Anderson-Wagner-Williamson is good though. Possibly even better than Broad-Anderson-Bresnan-Monty. Probably slightly below Junaid-Irfan-Babar/Bhatti-Ajmal though.

Flem274*

123/5
hmmm still does, by a long, long way.

Tim Southee bowling record

In Asia:
Tests: 5 (3 vs India, 2 vs SL) Average: 21.75

In New Zealand:
Tests: 16 Average: 34.84
Does this include his time as a poor test bowler?

Including stats from Southee's first incarnation doesn't tell us anything about how he's likely to go now. By my count he has 6 home tests under his belt since becoming a worthwhile selection.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Not sure I'd put us at 3 tbh. Jury is still out on Wagner and Sodhi is a project player. Southee, Boult and Anderson are the only bowlers proven in their roles.
Hmmm...are we really ready to say that Anderson is proven in his role? Yeah, he picked up some handy wickets against WI, but that was generally courtesy of some pretty miserable batting from the technically deficient Windies. India will provide a far better examination of whether he's ready to play the Watson/Kallis/Oram role.