• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in New Zealand 2013/14

Blocky

Banned
There's nothing wrong with that though; there are two teams playing. It was a great innings and people have said that but it's not a holy cow; people are allowed to discuss other things.

Just imagine if your lovechild Neil Wagner had been dropped from a Test match and what was left of New Zealand's attack proceeded to concede a mammoth second innings total while an opposition player played one of the best innings of all time. Don't tell me you wouldn't be posting about New Zealand, Wagner or the selectors in any of your posts. Come on now.
If Sodhi played and gave up his usual 5.5 runs an over for no wickets and someone took him for 300, yeah, point taken.

But Sodhi didn't just gun out some of his best performances as a bowler in test cricket like Sharma did, nor Shami.

Blocky

Banned
It is a bit, and they absolutely have the right to complain about their team's performance when it doesn't look good - that's what makes them supporters ffs.

This, as far as I have seen, has been a high-quality tour thread thus far, and this has been one of the most special days' of Test cricket in recent history - especially for NZ. But this "discussion" has been just dismal.

Blocky, you are of course entitled to your opinion but you are not entitled to ramrod your opinion down everyone else's throat in this way, make snide insinuations about the objectivity of other posters - many of whom have no reason to be pro-Indian, being Australian, West Indian and what have you - and generally wreck the thread's atmosphere.
I'm sorry for actually discussing cricket in a cricket forum.

smash84

The Tiger King
wow.....just woke up to find out India are not even close to victory.

How **** is the indian attack? And Dhoni needs to be removed as captain

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'm sorry for actually discussing cricket in a cricket forum.
The cricket discussion isn't what we take issue with. I've got no issue with you coming in here and comparing McCullum's innings to Laxman's even though I vehemently disagree; that's what this forum is for. Your posts about Indian fans having a God complex and posters daring to discuss aspects of the cricket today separate from the one you want to discuss were absolutely terrible though.

Ironically, you actually criticised others for daring to discuss cricket on a cricket forum because it wasn't the exact topic of discussion you were looking for at the time. How dare Indians fans discuss the performance and selection of their cricket team on a cricket forum, inside a thread devoted to their tour no less. Shameful stuff.

Blocky

Banned
Now extend the same courtesy to everyone else. This forum is not your personal megaphone.
No, but in the same token, no one is forced to comment on my posts. I've shown I can agree to disagree, most can't.

As for pretty funny irony - two more posts about how crap the Indian bowling and captaincy is.

Blocky

Banned
The cricket discussion isn't what we take issue with. I've got no issue with you coming in here and comparing McCullum's innings to Laxman's even though I vehemently disagree; that's what this forum is for. Your posts about Indian fans having a God complex and posters daring to discuss aspects of the cricket today separate from the one you want to discuss were absolutely terrible though.

Ironically, you actually criticised others for daring to discuss cricket on a cricket forum because it wasn't the exact topic of discussion you were looking for at the time. How dare Indians fans discuss the performance and selection of their cricket team on a cricket forum, inside a thread devoted to their tour no less. Shameful stuff.
I didn't say Indian's had a God complex. I said that Indians placed their Cricketing heroes on the pedestal of Gods and considered them beyond reproach in comparison arguments.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I love how Laxman being a good player of spin and thus negating Warne somehow counts against him.
More a case of most Indian batsmen handling Warne with relative ease at home up until that test match. Not suggesting it was easy by any means, but a touch easier psychologically in the knowledge that Warne had never had success in India. He actually had by far his best series with the ball in 2004. Up until that famous test he had around 15 wickets @ 50 in India.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
As for pretty funny irony - two more posts about how crap the Indian bowling and captaincy is.
The funniest part of course being the fact that most of the posts you've identified as examples of such one-eyed, Indian supremacy have come from people who are not only not Indian but who had gone on the record as supporting New Zealand in this match.

Spark

Global Moderator
No, but in the same token, no one is forced to comment on my posts.
This is a forum. If you think that you can just say whatever you please into a vacuum and absolve yourself of all responsibility for what you say, without regard to the atmosphere of the thread and other posters - well, that's not a line of thought that will fly well with many here, and most importantly it won't fly well with me, PEWS or the rest of the mod team.