• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in New Zealand 2013/14

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
These have been 10 painful, painful overs. With starts like these we won't get anywhere close to chasing down big totals consistently

Zinzan

Lots to like about Henry early doors. Good strong action, swing & enough pace to ask questions.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
These openers really haven't got it right, seriously no point in playing the waiting it out game, their techniques are not as good as kohli's to survive consistently good bowling, might as well have gone for their shots, at least that way we would have had more overs to play with.

OverratedSanity

It's just a shame our flat track bullies consume so many deliveries and make it even harder for Kohli and co. I've given up on Dhawan tbh.

#BringBackGauti

Last edited:

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
yeah I'm not sure why Gambhir is not being picked in ODIs, in tests he was crap for the longest time but he was still reasonable in ODI's. Dude has had 2 solid tours of Australia when it comes to ODIs and has the ability to rotate the strike brilliantly as well, probably the safest bet for the WC IMO.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
yeah I'm not sure why Gambhir is not being picked in ODIs, in tests he was crap for the longest time but he was still reasonable in ODI's. Dude has had 2 solid tours of Australia when it comes to ODIs and has the ability to rotate the strike brilliantly as well, probably the safest bet for the WC IMO.
Just got the feeling he and Dhoni didn't get along.

OverratedSanity

Dhoni's keeping him out I'm dead sure. Even in tests, I think Gambhir might be better than Dhawan. Dhawan will be munched alive in England and Australia.... Then again Gambhir was too

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's just a shame our flat track bullies consume do many deliveries and make it even harder for Kohli and co. I've given up on Dhawan tbh.

#BringBackGauti
I said this back before the SA tour, and Dhawan has proved me right in every single innings after that.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Bloody hell!! :ph34r: ...i just can't understand this. For a start what on earth is it about Kane Williamson that the nz bowlers can't get their heads around? that boy is just filling his boots each and every game against them now...the sad thing is he doesn't know how to convert. As for this series in general...well it's amazing how WI with a virtual reserve side managed to draw the odi series...and yet India with all their "stars" are getting embarrassed out there... :blink:. Shami's last over just summed him up...i said the guy struggles against left-handers and we all saw with Nesham did to him...Rohit and Dwahan struggling outside their indian roads is also not a surprise because like i alluded to a few months back they were chewed up and spat out by Delorn Johnson and Jason Holder in an A-team series in the caribbean in early 2012...and they haven't improved away from home since then.

I expect a much closer contest in the test series but imo India will be relying on Pujara, Kohli and Dhoni for most of the runs...Rahane too perhaps but the others just don't look up to standard right now...and lord knows what the bowling will be like...Ashwin is still a run truck in these conditions and will that change in the tests? i have my doubts.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Dhoni's keeping him out I'm dead sure. Even in tests, I think Gambhir might be better than Dhawan. Dhawan will be munched alive in England and Australia.... Then again Gambhir was too
Dhawan still deserves a longer run, but as far as ODIs are concerned I'd bring GG back, especially for the WC because GG has the experience of playing in Aus/NZ and that counts for a lot, and he's a lot less reliant on boundaries unlike Rohit and Dhawan.