• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Whats up with Darren Lehmann?

Tyke

Cricket Spectator
We are all waiting with baited breath for an update on Darren Lehman's injury status. Gievn that he's our overseas signing for 2004, the Yorkshire cricket public awaits the word. If you have an upadte plaese post it on the White Rose Yorkshire Cricket site.

Thanks,

Tyke

http://www.network54.com/Forum/274761

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Yorks have got very good overseas players this year. In fact the quality of alot of the overseas players this year seems VERY good. I think we're in for a very good domestic season.

Bazza

International 12th Man
I'm excited about the combination of Warne and Clarke at Hampshire this summer. Warne had a great year here before hand, and apart from when we had Hayden, and Katich last year, our overseas players have largely disappointed (Nixon McLean, Wasim Akram hardly played, etc) in recent years.

Yeah so Clarke is a like-for-like replacement for Katich and then Warne gives us a quality spinner which gives us an advantage over about 15 counties!! We have Crawley, Kendall, Pothas and Kenway with the bat but probably still weak there. Hopefully Mullally, Giddins, Mascarenhas and Tremlett can do a job with Warne and Clarke part time. Hopefully Jimmy Adams will have a breakthrough year in the way John Francis and Laurie Prittipaul (and many others) never quite did.

As always, the season is full of promise at the start, but it only takes a few injuries and another disappointing year is on the way!

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Darren is due to re-commence playing in a ING Cup game against Tassie this Friday from memory, he will also play a Pura Cup game the following week...

Salamuddin

International Debutant
I heard Middlesex are pretty keen on Anil Kumble.

Is it finalised -- or are they still talking to him ?

Bazza

International 12th Man
marc71178 said:
Looking at his career record, I'd suggest he's very part-time.
11 ODIs, 9 wickets @ 24. Averages 4 overs per game.

If he's good enough for Australia, he's good enough for Hampshire! :D

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Bazza said:

A lot of the time though it seems the wickets have mainly been due to the batsman playing a poor shot. But let's see how he does. I think he'll mainly be bowled in the ODers, batsmen don't seem to make as many mistakes against part-timers in the longer form.

Last edited:

Bazza

International 12th Man
That's the point - a sixth bowling option for OD games. Same as Katich was. :)

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Bazza said:
That's the point - a sixth bowling option for OD games. Same as Katich was. :)
Katich was used in the 4dayers but without a huge ammount of success. About 18 wickets at 36 or something like that. I doubt with Warne in there, Clarke will get more than a few overs a game, but I don't think he'll get wickets quite as easily as he is at the moment.

Bazza

International 12th Man
So if the benchmark is ~30 you don't think a couple of wickets per game at an average of 36 is very good for a part timer??

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Bazza said:
So if the benchmark is ~30 you don't think a couple of wickets per game at an average of 36 is very good for a part timer??
I think 36 is ok for a part-timer. I'm just trying to point out to the Clarkettes, who are going to go on about his bowling sooner rather than later, that he's just that, a part-timer. I think most of his wickets have been due to batsman error, feeling the pressure is off and trying to slog him. I doubt he will run into the Hampshire side and start taking 5fors all the time.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Bazza said:

I was talking about FC games, sorry, thought you were as well.

Yes he's a good extra option in the one day game, but nowhere near as good an option as for instance Lehmann.