• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A Eng-RSA-WI-ZIm XI

Craig

World Traveller
Going on the trends of the other two threads Here is a XI consisting of West Indies, Zimbabwe, South African and English players.

HH Gibbs
MP Vaughan
RR Sarwan
*BC Lara
GP Thorpe
JH Kallis
+T Taibu/MV Boucher/RD Jacobs
HH Streak
SM Pollock
RW Price
M Ntini/M Dillion

12th man: A Flintoff

hourn

U19 Cricketer
woulda thought it'd be almost completely dominated by South Africans. you seem to have picked a fiarly even spread team just for the sake of it. No way you could have Sarwan in the team, and Thorpe ahead of Kirsten is pretty dodgy for mine, and wouldn't put Ray Price in the team just for the sake of having a spinner.

Michael Vaughan
Graeme Smith
Herschelle Gibbs
Brian Lara
Gary Kirsten
Jacques Kallis
Sean Pollock
Mark Boucher
Heath Streak
Andy Caddick
Makhaya Ntini

12th man - James Anderson

None of the four countries have a decent spinner, so no need to include one.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'd be inclined to go for an all-seam attack myself - maybe even bring Andre Nel in (despite everything I've said about him) - purely for comic value, although his last couple of performances have been really impressive.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Michael Vaughan
Graeme Smith
Brian Lara
Herchelle Gibbs
Andy Flower:)+
Jacques Kallis
Andrew Flintoff
Shaun Pollock
Heath Streak*
James Anderson
Makhaya Ntini

12th Man: Jonty:P

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Vaughan
Gibbs
Smith
Lara
Kallis
Chanderpaul
Boucher+
Pollock
Streak*
Ntini
Caddick

Lack of a decent spinner makes me think I'd have to use Chanderpaul as one. :wow:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
I assure you that Ray Price isn't the worst.
And Ashley Giles isn't as bad as some like to make out when he gets a chance to bowl in proper conditions...

Craig

World Traveller
jamee999 said:
Michael Vaughan
Graeme Smith
Brian Lara
Herchelle Gibbs
Andy Flower:)+
Jacques Kallis
Andrew Flintoff
Shaun Pollock
Heath Streak*
James Anderson
Makhaya Ntini

12th Man: Jonty:P
Ok Gibbs at 4? Vaughan would be better off there. Gibbs is an opener. Flower doesnt play international cricket. And Flintoff, you stoned?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Just a few things before I post my XI:

1. Jono, you said you would use Chanderpaul as your spinner. First of all, you should have included Price, and second of all, if you didnt you would have used Vaughan over Chanderpaul surely!

2. I thought the slection of Andy Flower, Henry Olonga and Murray Goodwin should be considered, but its a dicey one so I havent done it.

THE REST OF THE WORLD XI

Smith
Gibbs
Kirsten
Lara
Chanderpaul
Thorpe
Taibu
Pollock
Streak
Price
Ntini