• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Badmouthing Umpires, Administrators, etc....

nexxus

U19 Debutant
This is usually a no-no in most sports, though I don't really know why administrators are out of bounds, if someone thinks that Lorgat, Srini, Clarke or any of them are idiots they should be able to let fly freely.

I've always wondered though, what if a coach/manager/player just delivered a completely sarcastic press interview?

"Oh, no, the ref was tip-top today, not a single complaint really. Sadly, the poor lad'll be out be 2 months because of that completely legal 2-footed from behind tackle but that's football eh?"

or if after the last test Domingo was to say: "Jacques accepts that he probably didn't knick the ball in retrospect and was pretty plumb. The replay says different but we know how unreliable those things are."

Another option would be to hire an unofficial team spokesman, who'd say things like: "Obviously I reckon there's a bit of disappointment in the dressing room Mike, I'd guess Jacques could have said that was a poor, wait sorry <takes out piece of paper> piss poor call and the Ump needs glasses."

In the first instance, there wasn't a single bad word uttered and the 2nd would be complete hearsay, so I assume inadmissible in any disciplinary hearing.