• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Whats wrong with Best and Edwards?

karan316

State Vice-Captain
Both of them are very passionate about their game, give 100 percent all the time, have a very high fitness level, can bowl at a very lively pace, good bouncers, adequate swing. Then why haven't these guys done that well?
Need better guidance/mentoring?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good thread this. It's a decent question. I've often watched them bowl and wondered why they seem to be bowling good enough spells but don't get wickets.

I dunno if their flattish trajectory doesn't bother class players or maybe they just bowl a few too many balls which release pressure. But it seems weird to me they don't get more poles.

Maybe their method is pretty entertaining, and that kind of clouds the fact they're not quite up to test level.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Best bowls too short and lacks the ability to swing the ball, especially away from the rh batsman.
Edwards is more complicated. Withe his skill set and pace he should be one of the better quicks in the game. He lacks discipline and fitness though and just hasn't been able to consistently put the ball where it has to be.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You have to say that lack of a brain might be to do with it, both seem to still do exactly the same as they did aged 21 and don't seem to have learnt as they have got older about how to adapt to various conditions.