• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Kallis retires from Tests

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Kallis
165 matches, 13174 runs @ 55.12. 44 100's

Tendulkar
200 matches, 15921 runs @ 53.78. 51 100's

Ponting
168 matches, 13378 runs @ 51.85. 41 100's

ok now let's look at their bowling figures

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
****'s sake. I had high hopes of him reaching 300 wickets at least. Such a shame. The best cricketer of my generation by a considerable distance.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Didn't get quite his due for the majority of his career. All that changed in the final few years where the cricket world recognised what a freak he really is. Only fitting now that he's quite obviously losing his form, he goes out on top.

Would sort of love it if he smashes a double and takes a bagful of wickets and a few slip catches in the Durban test against us....

And loses the natch obviously :ph34r:

Great, great career. Best cricketer of the last 15 years

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
As I once hoped, Kallis wisely decides to retire with his stats intact, unlike guys like Tendulkar, Ponting and co.

jan

State Vice-Captain
I too hoped for 13.500 and 300. The very last all-rounder gone?

So who to replace him in the test team?

GuyFromLancs

State Vice-Captain
Good grief, they're dropping like flies.

I fear for test cricket sometimes.

Well done Kallis - an especially fine batsman, and very decent bowler

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Great career, but I guess he knew the blip in form was something more lasting.

You just don't replace a player like him, that's his legacy.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I still feel the need to underrate him, probably because what he achieved is inexplicably huge.

On ya big man. I think SA will find they need him a bit more than is being made out right now.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Just realized how much his bowling too will be missed by the Saffers. They will no longer have the luxury of 5 bowlers in the XI.