• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Kallis retires from Tests

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Oh Jacques, there have been those of your moniker before, such adventurers as Cousteau, such caricatures as Chirac, such imposters as Rudolph, and such magnifiques as the Cleaner Shrimp, but you will forever remain, in the annals of history, the greatest of them all.

<Bow, Sir Kallis>

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Didn't realise he was still playing, tbh. Anyhow a true great of the game, congratulations on a magnificent career.

South Africa were ridiculously lucky to have him and Pollock in the same team for so long - it's pretty much impossible to pick a side which is either unbalanced or weak two all-rounders like that in the team.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
ATG with the bat, superb in the slips and a very good Test/ odi/ T20 bowler. Not many in that exclusive club.

Well played Mr Kallis.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
It'd be more selfish if he carried on until the World Cup knowing he wasn't good enough any more, so your argument is completely invalid :ph34r:

Marius

International Debutant
What a legend. Hope he stays involved with the young guys, he'll have a lot to pass on to the guys coming through.

Apparently Maria Sharapova knew who he was...

bagapath

International Captain
3rd Test: South Africa v India at Cape Town, Jan 2-6, 2011 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

when kallis came out with a bad back in the second innings of this test and played that reverse sweep i felt a chill run through my spine and realized that we could never win that test match. as the ball bounced off the third man boundary i surrendered to the greatness of this giant. i am sure true cricket fans have their own moments of realizing a great cricketer's true worth. for me, this was the moment with kallis.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
3rd Test: South Africa v India at Cape Town, Jan 2-6, 2011 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

when kallis came out with a bad back in the second innings of this test and played that reverse sweep i felt a chill run through my spine and realized that we could never win that test match. as the ball bounced off the third man boundary i surrendered to the greatness of this giant. i am sure true cricket fans have their own moments of realizing a great cricketer's true worth. for me, this was the moment with kallis.
haha such a gun post.