• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tennis-ball / Tape-ball Cricket

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
Is it more difficult for Batsmen to hit tennis ball further than hard ball?
It's easy to hit a tennis ball a moderate distance with a cricket bat. It's also very hard to hit a tennis ball a long distance with a cricket bat.

With a cricket ball it's much, much more important to hit the middle of the bat. With a tennis ball it doesn't really matter if you do or not (unless you hit the very edge).

Grumpy

U19 Vice-Captain
I've played with tape ball a few times. Didn't like it. The tape comes off after 2 overs and your just left with a smelly, sticky tennis ball. Plus the bounce from it is awful.

smash84

The Tiger King
I've played with tape ball a few times. Didn't like it. The tape comes off after 2 overs and your just left with a smelly, sticky tennis ball. Plus the bounce from it is awful.
You have to keep extra rolls of tape with you. Also you don't put scotch tape or duct tape on the ball :p

Or it could well be that the person who put the tape on the ball didn't know how to. Putting tape on the ball that will suit the bowling is an art

cnerd123

likes this
Yea if the tape is falling off in 2 overs you have taped it poory. I've played tape ball on sand covered concrete and it still lasted longer than that.

Usually last 10 overs before the fielding side starts to grumbe about it.

smash84

The Tiger King
Yea if the tape is falling off in 2 overs you have taped it poory. I've played tape ball on sand covered concrete and it still lasted longer than that.

Usually last 10 overs before the fielding side starts to grumbe about it.
Depending on how quick the bowlers are (playing on actual road) and how much the batsmen are hitting out the tape might start to come off after 5 or 6 overs. That too at some places which can be remedied by just taping with a stripe or two to the affected area.

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
If you want to have fun you'll tape one half of the ball only for maximum swing and also tape a thick piece of string underneath the seam so you have a beast of a ball that swings and seams.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yup, 2 of those those thick rubber bands, with more tape applied afterwards works well as a seam too.

Daemon

Yup, 2 of those those thick rubber bands, with more tape applied afterwards works well as a seam too.
how u gonna find a thick rubber band that fits the ball nicely in the streets of mumbai and lahore bitch get real

Zinzan

how u gonna find a thick rubber band that fits the ball nicely in the streets of mumbai and lahore bitch get real
I would suggest borrowing a girl's hair-band, but that may not be so practical in Lahore.

cnerd123

likes this
Prominent seam makes life too easy for the quicks. Hairbands as the seam would just cause carnage.

Batting side always gets to inspect the seam after the bowling side have prepped the ball.