• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best performances by an injured player

anzac

International Debutant
Richard said:
No - Bradman said (60 years later) that he was seriously worried someone might get killed.
Oldfield was, fortunately, the worst (that might sound awful, but I don't mean it was fortunate that he was the worst affected, I mean it was fortunate that there were no injuries worse than his).
I have always fully agreed with the legendary Woodfull comment when Plum Warner went to see him. Douglas Jardine wasn't playing cricket - he was trying to win, regardless of what harm it might to to both the game and, more importantly, to human beings.

No???????

I mean it's No1 so far as the subject of this thread is concerned - although I admit it is a bit out of context!!!

:)

Craig

World Traveller
One must include Shiv Chanderpaul. Whenever he gets a ton he seems to get injured doing so.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Chanderpaul has made an uncanny number of big scores when injured, often needing a runner.