• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Will Chanderapul be considered an all time great?

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
If I Was Chanderpaul and had to suffer the West Indies batting line up for as long as he has I would probably play for my average too.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah you're just trying to defend the indefensible. Changers innings yesterday was indefensible. I can't believe anyone who watched his innings could stand up for him too much.

Lara could've averaged 60 if he'd batted for his average instead of for his team. Instead hecchose the right moments to go on the attack and try to score attack/shield the tail etc and get as many runs as possible before the innings ends. It's why he had only 7 not outs but had his fair share of great innings where he shepherded the tail.

Changers has a deficiency in his game. I don't know what's wrong in pointing it out while acknowledging that he's a great batsman.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
He definitely should be remembered as an ATG, obviously he's not on the same level as many others, but still a great. Excellent contributions to WI in one of their toughest periods since when, the 30's?