• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Sri Lanka Domestic Season 2013/14

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Sri Lanka Cricket News: Chandimal relieved of T20I captaincy | ESPN Cricinfo

Probably a good decision, hopefully this keeps Chandimal out of the t20 side for a while, having to bear such responsibility in the t20 format probably wasn't much good for him when at this stage focusing on ODI/test cricket is probably more beneficial to his development.

Very interesting decision to appoint Thirimanne vice captain across all formats though, It's been over a year since he last played a test match

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Absolutely poor from Frabrace, and more poor from SLC not to get a compensation from ECB

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
The way they wrote his contract was pretty stupid but those are the kinds of hoops you have to jump through to get a coach with a reputation like SLC

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Also, cricinfo is covered with SL news.

- Players have agreed to sign contracts finally, they get 10% of whatever SLC gets from the ICC from global events, originally the players wanted 20% and the board wanted an incentive based bonus system, pretty sure there still are bonuses within the new contract.
- Marvan Atapattu is set to take over as head coach for the England tour, but they reckon it's only an interim tenure he'll serve, the board are a bit uncomfortable with him coaching with guys like Mahela, Sanga and Dilshan still in the side I think.
- the Ireland ODIs are gonna be streamed on youtube, sweet.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Cric quoting that SLC lost about 8million rupees for hosting Yorkshire on their tour which was part of the settlement to release Farbrace..Havent they ever heard of negotiating this amount with the ECB ??Honestly, what is the point of them being there? No wonder we are in such a financial mess(apart from the obvious things that go on in SLC)..I am amazed that the assistant secretary states that the probation period was to help both parties?Really? If they werent sure about Farbrace, then why did they appoint him?..I am sure that no other fans have to go through this kind of idiocy from their board?:wacko:

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah that's ridiculous, why have a probationary period in the contract if you've just spent ****loads of money getting the guy into the position when you won't get a cent back if he leaves early?

YorksLanka

International Debutant
i do think that we need another genuine quick as well as malinga, especially on those wickets..Mathews and Thisara will be ok and definitely add variety to the attack but dont have genuine pace.If we can get nuwan pradeep fit and consistent then with above mentioned and lakmal, we will have a reasonable pace attack imho- or we find another quick bowler from the island somewhere...

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Actually, I forgot about Eranga!! we should utilise Eranga in Odis as he has good pace already. We shouldn't just limit him to test cricket IMHO...a pace attack comprising of Mali , lakmal, Eranga, Pradeep and prasad looks better than it has for a long time. I think that thisara will be more effective on these wickets and don't forget kula...

Last edited:

viriya

International Captain
I don't know why we just ignore Kulasekara for tests.. I don't buy that Eranga and Lakmal are better in that format. Especially with no Malinga, Kula would bring in some more experience and his batting isn't useless.

I wish Malinga just semi-retired from Tests.. so he could play just in the important series (somewhat like how SA handles Steyn where he only plays the important ODIs)..

YorksLanka

International Debutant
just read that we have signed up the services of Chris Adams as a consultant for us during the England tour..:thumbup:

YorksLanka

International Debutant
I don't know why we just ignore Kulasekara for tests.. I don't buy that Eranga and Lakmal are better in that format. Especially with no Malinga, Kula would bring in some more experience and his batting isn't useless.

I wish Malinga just semi-retired from Tests.. so he could play just in the important series (somewhat like how SA handles Steyn where he only plays the important ODIs)..
tbh i think we are just trying to invest in the future by giving these guys a chance and letting them learn from the likes of Malinga and Kula..

viriya

International Captain
tbh i think we are just trying to invest in the future by giving these guys a chance and letting them learn from the likes of Malinga and Kula..
I don't think it makes sense to give the young seamers "experience" in an important tour.. I think SL is overrating pace.. Eranga and Lakmal bowl maybe 10kmph faster than Kula, but I doubt they have as much control.. McGrath used to get consistent wickets bowling <130kmph late in his career.. I have a bad feeling that the English batsmen (who have something to prove) will be licking their lips looking at our new ball attack..

I'd be happy if I have to eat my words eventually of course..

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Eranga and Lakmal have control, it's probably their best asset along with endurance, it's more bowling to plans and getting movement that they will be trying to master over the next few years. It was maintaining a consistent line and length that troubled the English batsmen a lot during the ashes, and I think if anything the Sri Lankan attack would be able to manage that.

Looks like Lakmal is in ODI contention based off recent selections, he bowls a pretty good yorker, Eranga is ok but I'm not sure he's suited all that well to the format. And yeah, Kula will be back in tests, probably for the England series based off the contract lists as PEWS said.