• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Sri Lanka Domestic Season 2013/14

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh wow, Tharindu Kaushal took 7/79 yesterday, WAFG, elsewhere Jeevan Mendis and Prinjayan scored half centuries on the opening day of their matches

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Sri Lanka Cricket News: Kumar Sangakkara to quit T20Is after World T20 | ESPN Cricinfo

Yeah, expecting this from Mahela and Dilshan too at the very least, probably Herath too. I wasn't too happy with them all extending their t20 careers after the 2012 world t20 because I thought they should've concentrated fully on tests/odis, but t20 cricket has really become Sri Lanka's main strength, so I understand now, but this is surely the end of the line for some of these guys
absolutely agree..the 2015 WC will see the end of quite a few of our seniors..

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
The super 8s continue in the premier league, Welegedara played today, so he must have recovered from that injury he got a little while ago, made 33 off 112 balls too, decent effort.

Elsewhere Tharindu Kaushal picked up 3 wickets on the opening day for Nondescripts against SSC, who are currently 7/248 after a century from Kaushal Silva, good to see him back into some form as the England tour looms.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
wow, 2 runs...

I wonder what's happening with Shaminda Eranga, wasn't with the world t20 squad but isn't playing domestic cricket either

Contracted Sri Lankan players to now receive quite a bonus from their board for winning the world t20

YorksLanka

International Debutant
VERY annoyed to hear that the ECB are chasing Farbrace for the #2 job..the guy is Still only three months into his contract and if the shoe were on the other foot and we did this, there would be hell on...hopefully Farbrace will be the guy he thought he was and honour his contract..once this is done then good luck to him...

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
tbh I'm not hugely worried, I personally wanted Atapattu to get the top job in the first place, as far as coaching goes I think Vaas is the guy we really need to hang onto for now. Mind you, it's very annoying to have the ECB coming in and being able to take away our head coach like this, I imagine it would be quite distracting to the set-up and whatever plans he may have had in place, mind you, it will be even sweeter if we beat England in June and Farbrace has been picked up by them.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
I hope that he has the decency to honour his contract but if he goes,we go back to what we know and give Dav the job as interim head coach for the England tour then we can reassess from there. He is without a job, has proven quality, knows our system and the shenanigans that go with it , and finally is a Sri Lankan...would be a great appointment IMHO...

Last edited:

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Well, there can't really be an 'interim' coach, we can't afford that, if Farbrace goes, we need to appoint someone with a plan who can take us through to at least the WC, as with some important tours coming up and the WC we can't be going back to the drawing board now. That's why I think the new coach has to come from someone already well and truly involved atm, like Atapattu

karan316

State Vice-Captain
Where is Kandamby?? He looked like a good middle order player, any chances of him getting selected again??

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
He was one of the top batsmen of this year's FC season, averaged 67, however with Mubarak having gone completely nuts and scored over 1000 runs averaging over 100 and the rise of a few younger batsmen (Thirimanne, Prinjayan, Vithanage) I doubt Kandamby will play for SL anytime soon

Last edited:

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Andrew Fidel Fernando: Chaos threatens to engulf Sri Lanka again | Cricket News | Sri Lanka | ESPN Cricinfo

Meanwhile Andrew Fernando gets more worried and takes yet another opportunity to slam SLC, something he absolutely loves doing.

Only in the last few hours have I really thought this through and realised the consequences if Farbrace leaves. SL will leave for England in a few weeks; currently not a single Sri Lankan player has signed a national contract and it appears we will be without a head coach, not only that but he'll go to our next opponent and have all the gossip. I can only hope that if Farbrace leaves SLC offers Atapattu the head job till Farbrace's contract was meant to run out, we really can't afford to go looking for someone else to bring in their own agenda with the WC not far away and a busy test schedule over the next few months.

It's really crushing as a SL fan, having had all this recent success was great, but what was especially exciting was the future, with England as vulnerable as ever and guys like Sanga and Herath at the height of their powers, we had as good a chance as ever to have some success in England, then of course with SA touring later this year we had a chance to knock of the top side given their recent retirements and struggles in the SC. And finally there was the WC, which looked so promising given our recent ODI form in Aus and our Asia cup win. I can only hope this hope for the future can still materialise somehow

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Well, there can't really be an 'interim' coach, we can't afford that, if Farbrace goes, we need to appoint someone with a plan who can take us through to at least the WC, as with somehow important tours coming up and the
WC we can't be going back to the drawing board now. That's why I think the new coach has to come from someone already well and truly involved atm, like Atapattu
Why can't there be an interim coach ? Surely it's better to think about the decision sensibly rather than rushing it simply because marvan is around. Don't get me wring I like him,but I think Dav is proven quality and we should never have let him go.. Dav as head coach ,marvan #2 and vaasy and Murali as bowling coaches..

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
There's no time, we have to go with whatever plans Farbrace and before him Ford were working towards and Marvan is really one of the only ones in a position to do that given he was in the inner sanctum of both of those guys, I'd be unwilling to change the set-up much at all with our recent form and the proximity of the WC plus some important test matches

YorksLanka

International Debutant
yeah but if Farbrace does take the England job,there is no point us continuing with those plans anyway as he will print off a list and put them up in the England dressing room? We need a change of focus imho and i still think that Dav is the guy to provide that..I dont think we are short of time, there is still 9 months till the wc, all we really need is a steady hand to get us through the England tour and then we can reassess for the future imho..

Last edited:

YorksLanka

International Debutant
yes absolutely..not surpirsed though as he would be earning much more and be close to his family too so its understandable...come on in Dav & Marvan...