• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Sri Lanka Domestic Season 2013/14

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, **** he's in good nick right now, but he's always been pretty solid on the domestic scene looking at his record and cricinfo profile.

Here's the full wrap up of round 3

Last edited:

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Tharindu the gun finishes with 8 wickets for the game against the Lions, they now have 2 sessions to block out for a draw, keeping an eye on Angelo Perera who failed in the first dig

YorksLanka

International Debutant
thanks for the great updates and thread mate..Hopefully we should have enough to draw this game and then move onto the next one...

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Thanks, it's a pleasure, thanks for posting and contributing so it's not just me talking to myself!

Got the draw in the end, also, SL U-19s won easily again.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
yeah great result for the U19's and hopefully some of these guys will make it through to the senior side in a few years time..As for the Lions game, good result considering this inst our "A" team so to compete with Englands, is a decent result...I agree with your comments about Randiv btw, i think he got really badly treated after that no ball incident(which was wrong of him btw)
keep up the good work...

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Sri Lankan U-19s complete a clean sweep against the Aussies, had to work harder this match though, here are the deets.

The Sri Lanka 'A' emerging team is playing the Lions again, this time with a different team, Lions doing it comfortably after day 1, 5/327, Akila Dananjaya the mystery spinner guy took a couple of wickets

YorksLanka

International Debutant
great to see Tharanga back in the fold and i would have liked to see Thisara Perera in this squad...Chandimal could have been in this squad too(as i dont think he should have been in the senior squad) as he needs to get some confidence back

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
great to see Tharanga back in the fold and i would have liked to see Thisara Perera in this squad...Chandimal could have been in this squad too(as i dont think he should have been in the senior squad) as he needs to get some confidence back
Tharanga? Really?

You'd prefer Perera playing in the 'A' team rather than short form cricket in Bangladesh ahead of the Asia Cup/World t20? I sort of agree about Chandimal but you can't really send the t20 captain home to play 'A' games.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
tharanga, yes, he is a solid player(in ODi's) who is still young, went through a purple patch but dont all players do that? As for Perera, it does no harm for him to gain confidence here, that will then allow him to get back to his best for the World T20..personally, dont give two hoots about Asia cup...As for Chandi, i didnt mean bring him back from Bangla, sorry, meant that he shouldnt have been picked in first place..he obviously reads this forum tho(:ph34r:) and has decided to serve me some humble pie ..lol

Last edited:

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
In the context of the 2015 WC in Aus/NZ, I don't think Tharanga should be around the national ODI set-up, he's played a few good ODI innings' as a middle order player in Aus, but his inconsistency at the top has been proven time and time again. Will keep an eye on him this tour however, very talented player.

Meanwhile the next round of the Premier League just started today, Jeehan Mubarak has hit another big hundred for Nondescripts, currently 170 not out with a few overs left in the day

Last edited:

YorksLanka

International Debutant
the trouble is these big scores in our domestic setup dont really count for squat as the wickets are roads and the standards are not nearly good enough to compete in international cricket..

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Dinesh Chandimal has spoken about the huge gap between domestic and international cricket for Sri Lanka, however it's not impossible to make the jump, Kaushal Silva (who scored 28 hundreds in FC cricket prior to his most recent call-up) and Chandimal himself among others have proven that a few good years on the domestic circuit can prepare you for international cricket, at least to an extent. While the pitch Mubarak made his unbeaten double on (completed it today) appears to be pretty decent (although Badureliya are struggling on it) many domestic pitches are actually rank dustbowls which result in very low team scores.

Flem274*

123/5
been meaning to ask for a while but how does a team end up calling themselves the nondescripts? haven't they produced a fair number of test players too?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
been meaning to ask for a while but how does a team end up calling themselves the nondescripts? haven't they produced a fair number of test players too?
In the late 1800s when the club was founded, the other clubs in the league were all exclusive to a one ethnic group or another (Sinhalese, Tamil Union etc); the Nondescripts club was founded on the principle of inclusivity to anyone good enough on cricketing merit.