Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: **Official** Sri Lanka Domestic Season 2013/14

I hope that he has the decency to honour his contract but if he goes,we go back to what we know and give Dav the job as interim head coach for the England tour then we can reassess from there. He is without a job, has proven quality, knows our system and the shenanigans that go with it , and finally is a Sri Lankan...would be a great appointment IMHO...
    Last edited by YorksLanka; 20-04-2014 at 03:10 AM.
    "Play Hard but play fair..."

Well, there can't really be an 'interim' coach, we can't afford that, if Farbrace goes, we need to appoint someone with a plan who can take us through to at least the WC, as with some important tours coming up and the WC we can't be going back to the drawing board now. That's why I think the new coach has to come from someone already well and truly involved atm, like Atapattu
    There are two colours in my head

Where is Kandamby?? He looked like a good middle order player, any chances of him getting selected again??
    Is this your homework Larry?

He was one of the top batsmen of this year's FC season, averaged 67, however with Mubarak having gone completely nuts and scored over 1000 runs averaging over 100 and the rise of a few younger batsmen (Thirimanne, Prinjayan, Vithanage) I doubt Kandamby will play for SL anytime soon
    Last edited by Maximas; 20-04-2014 at 04:29 AM.

Andrew Fidel Fernando: Chaos threatens to engulf Sri Lanka again | Cricket News | Sri Lanka | ESPN Cricinfo

Meanwhile Andrew Fernando gets more worried and takes yet another opportunity to slam SLC, something he absolutely loves doing.

Only in the last few hours have I really thought this through and realised the consequences if Farbrace leaves. SL will leave for England in a few weeks; currently not a single Sri Lankan player has signed a national contract and it appears we will be without a head coach, not only that but he'll go to our next opponent and have all the gossip. I can only hope that if Farbrace leaves SLC offers Atapattu the head job till Farbrace's contract was meant to run out, we really can't afford to go looking for someone else to bring in their own agenda with the WC not far away and a busy test schedule over the next few months.

It's really crushing as a SL fan, having had all this recent success was great, but what was especially exciting was the future, with England as vulnerable as ever and guys like Sanga and Herath at the height of their powers, we had as good a chance as ever to have some success in England, then of course with SA touring later this year we had a chance to knock of the top side given their recent retirements and struggles in the SC. And finally there was the WC, which looked so promising given our recent ODI form in Aus and our Asia cup win. I can only hope this hope for the future can still materialise somehow

Quote Originally Posted by Maximas View Post
    Well, there can't really be an 'interim' coach, we can't afford that, if Farbrace goes, we need to appoint someone with a plan who can take us through to at least the WC, as with somehow important tours coming up and the
    WC we can't be going back to the drawing board now. That's why I think the new coach has to come from someone already well and truly involved atm, like Atapattu
    Why can't there be an interim coach ? Surely it's better to think about the decision sensibly rather than rushing it simply because marvan is around. Don't get me wring I like him,but I think Dav is proven quality and we should never have let him go.. Dav as head coach ,marvan #2 and vaasy and Murali as bowling coaches..

There's no time, we have to go with whatever plans Farbrace and before him Ford were working towards and Marvan is really one of the only ones in a position to do that given he was in the inner sanctum of both of those guys, I'd be unwilling to change the set-up much at all with our recent form and the proximity of the WC plus some important test matches

yeah but if Farbrace does take the England job,there is no point us continuing with those plans anyway as he will print off a list and put them up in the England dressing room? We need a change of focus imho and i still think that Dav is the guy to provide that..I dont think we are short of time, there is still 9 months till the wc, all we really need is a steady hand to get us through the England tour and then we can reassess for the future imho..
    Last edited by YorksLanka; 21-04-2014 at 11:53 AM.

yes absolutely..not surpirsed though as he would be earning much more and be close to his family too so its understandable...come on in Dav & Marvan...

ok, I should really ask now, when you say Dav - you mean Dav Whatmore do you?

yes absolutely...is there another;-)

Sri Lanka Cricket News: Chandimal relieved of T20I captaincy | ESPN Cricinfo

Probably a good decision, hopefully this keeps Chandimal out of the t20 side for a while, having to bear such responsibility in the t20 format probably wasn't much good for him when at this stage focusing on ODI/test cricket is probably more beneficial to his development.

Very interesting decision to appoint Thirimanne vice captain across all formats though, It's been over a year since he last played a test match

Absolutely poor from Frabrace, and more poor from SLC not to get a compensation from ECB
    Diuretics are used to look good at TV shows

I played for 20 years in the Lankan team, I did not have any problems as a Tamil - Muralidaran

The way they wrote his contract was pretty stupid but those are the kinds of hoops you have to jump through to get a coach with a reputation like SLC

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread Information