Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: **Official** Sri Lanka Domestic Season 2013/14

Mubarak has gone completely nuts with the bat this season. Not bad timing with all the impending retirements; Sri Lanka do seem to have replacements lined up already but there's no guarantee they'll all actually succeed.
    ~ Cribbage

Quote Originally Posted by Riggins View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by simonlee48 View Post
    Sanga has done well but Murali has done better. In my opinion, Murali is simply the best off spinner in history of cricket and I can't make that kind of statement for Sanga.
    Sanga isn't the best off spinner in the history of cricket? News to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximas View Post
    ]**** yeah, Mubarak scores an unbeaten 172 and Nondescripts win by 2 wickets, Randiv took another 5 for playing for bloomfield too
    Does this mean you've picked them as your domestic team to follow btw?

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Mubarak has gone completely nuts with the bat this season. Not bad timing with all the impending retirements; Sri Lanka do seem to have replacements lined up already but there's no guarantee they'll all actually succeed.
    Would like to see him get at least one more test series at some point, he's averaging 100 this year, and the next best is like 65, I think the 'A' team goes to England at some point this year? Maybe he could head off with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Does this mean you've picked them as your domestic team to follow btw?
    I sort of follow individual players rather than teams, I was more happy because I foreshadowed it a bit the day before.
    Proudly supporting the world's no 1 spin bowler Rangana Herath and the mighty Sri Lankans!

I even made a domestic thread

Sri Lanka Cricket News: Kumar Sangakkara to quit T20Is after World T20 | ESPN Cricinfo

Yeah, expecting this from Mahela and Dilshan too at the very least, probably Herath too. I wasn't too happy with them all extending their t20 careers after the 2012 world t20 because I thought they should've concentrated fully on tests/odis, but t20 cricket has really become Sri Lanka's main strength, so I understand now, but this is surely the end of the line for some of these guys

Mahela has also retired from t20s, meaning this will be his last tournament, not sure why Jayasuria is so pissed off, surely he saw this coming and was making preparations for it, can sort of understand it though given Sri Lanka are ranked first in t20s and they might struggle to maintain their standards in the absence of these two. Would think Sanga and MJ would have given them a proper warning about it though I guess.

Premier League Tournament Report : Rambukwella 12 sets up Tamil Union win | Cricket News | ESPN Cricinfo

Solid round-up of last weeks premier league results, glad to see the writers highlighting Mubarak's goolden summer

Oh wow, Tharindu Kaushal took 7/79 yesterday, WAFG, elsewhere Jeevan Mendis and Prinjayan scored half centuries on the opening day of their matches

Quote Originally Posted by Maximas View Post
    Sri Lanka Cricket News: Kumar Sangakkara to quit T20Is after World T20 | ESPN Cricinfo

Yeah, expecting this from Mahela and Dilshan too at the very least, probably Herath too. I wasn't too happy with them all extending their t20 careers after the 2012 world t20 because I thought they should've concentrated fully on tests/odis, but t20 cricket has really become Sri Lanka's main strength, so I understand now, but this is surely the end of the line for some of these guys
    absolutely agree..the 2015 WC will see the end of quite a few of our seniors..
    "Play Hard but play fair..."

The super 8s continue in the premier league, Welegedara played today, so he must have recovered from that injury he got a little while ago, made 33 off 112 balls too, decent effort.

Elsewhere Tharindu Kaushal picked up 3 wickets on the opening day for Nondescripts against SSC, who are currently 7/248 after a century from Kaushal Silva, good to see him back into some form as the England tour looms.

Eds
    "If that Swann lad is the future of spin bowling in this country, then we're ****ed." - Nasser Hussain, 1997.

wow, 2 runs...

I wonder what's happening with Shaminda Eranga, wasn't with the world t20 squad but isn't playing domestic cricket either

Contracted Sri Lankan players to now receive quite a bonus from their board for winning the world t20

Premier League Tournament 2013-14, Relegation match Report : Saracens into next SL Premier League Tournament | Cricket News | ESPN Cricinfo

Saracens to replace Panadura in the Premier League next year after winning the relegation match

County news : Durham enlist Sangakkara on short-term contract | Cricket News | England v Sri Lanka | ESPN Cricinfo

Pretty good dedication to the cause given it's only a two test series, Sanga really wants to score big and put his record right in England it seems, would like to see one or two of the major major players in the team get a short term contract with a county team.

Nondescripts won the Premier League btw

VERY annoyed to hear that the ECB are chasing Farbrace for the #2 job..the guy is Still only three months into his contract and if the shoe were on the other foot and we did this, there would be hell on...hopefully Farbrace will be the guy he thought he was and honour his contract..once this is done then good luck to him...

tbh I'm not hugely worried, I personally wanted Atapattu to get the top job in the first place, as far as coaching goes I think Vaas is the guy we really need to hang onto for now. Mind you, it's very annoying to have the ECB coming in and being able to take away our head coach like this, I imagine it would be quite distracting to the set-up and whatever plans he may have had in place, mind you, it will be even sweeter if we beat England in June and Farbrace has been picked up by them.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information