• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Under -19 World Cup 2014

SeamUp

International Coach
Been disappointed with the Aussies brockers. 3-zip to Sri Lanka now. Its not like there isn't any batting talent there with Doran and McDermott

I don't know what to expect with the South African team. Beat England 5-0 and in India ( vs Aus 2-0, Zim 1-0 and India 1-2). The positive is that we have beaten India in India. Not sure many teams would be able to do that.

The positives are we have a long batting line-up with a number of all-rounders. Think only the captain Markram, Christoffel and the keeper Fortuin don't bowl otherwise all players bar Sigwili can hold a bat. There is a variety of spinning options and seam options and guys who can clear the ropes with the bat. But as ever, new conditions and playing pressure situations in those conditions will be difficult.

Pics from the SA u19s practice session today before they leave for Dubai tomorrow.

Gallo Images - Search for ICC U19 World Cup: The Coca-Cola South Africa U/19 media open day Images

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
My ex coach is going to umpire in this. WAG.

On the downside the school he coaches (the high school i went to) has no coach for the duration he's gone, during which they play 4 group stage games in the national age group tourney. WAC.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
So these are the early TV games I take it, the ones with a fourth umpire or high profile match referee.

Fri 14 Feb

South Africa v West Indies, Dubai International Cricket Stadium; Rob Bailey, Enamul Hoque-Moni (on-field umpires), Simon Fry (third umpire), Sarika Prasad (fourth umpire), Christ Broad (match referee)

Sat 15 Feb

India v Pakistan, Dubai International Cricket Stadium; Simon Fry and Peter Nero (on-field umpires), Shaun George (third umpire), Chris Broad (match referee)

Sun 16 Feb

England v Sri Lanka, Dubai International Cricket Stadium; Shaun George and Simon Fry (on-field umpires), Enamul Hoque-Moni (third umpire), Jeremiah Matibri (fourth umpire), Chris Broad (match referee)

Mon 17 Feb

India v Scotland, Dubai International Cricket Stadium; Rob Bailey and Enamul Hoque-Moni (on-field umpires), Peter Nero (third umpire), Simon Fry (fourth umpire), Chris Broad (match referee)

Tue 18 Feb

New Zealand v England, Dubai International Cricket Stadium; Shaun George and Peter Nero (on-field umpires), Simon Fry (third umpire), Enamul Hoque-Moni (fourth umpire), Chris Broad (match referee)

Wed 19 Feb

India v PNG, Sharjah Cricket Stadium; Peter Nero and Enamul Hoque-Moni (on-field umpires), Rob Bailey (third umpire), Jeremiah Matibiri (fourth umpire), Chris Broad (match referee)

Last edited:

SeamUp

International Coach
Warm-up games tomorrow -

India v Sri Lanka
Australia v Zimbabwe
South Africa v Namibia
New Zealand v Canada
England v Scotland
West Indies v Afghanistan
Bangladesh v PNG
Pakistan v UAE

Wednesday

Bangladesh v England
Afghanistan v Scotland
PNG v Canada
Sri Lanka v Namibia
India v South Africa
Australia v Pakistan
Zimbabwe v UAE
New Zealand v West Indies

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Afghanistan 40/8 against the Windies :\
Ended up 84 all out!!...and remember this is the same Afghanistan side who crushed Pakistan the other day right? :ph34r: our two main pacers..Ray Jordan and Jerome Jones done all the damage!!..and to be honest if there is another side in this competition with a better pace attack than ours then i'd be very surprised...Jordan is already seen as the fastest pacer in the whole of the caribbean...the boy is rapid....while Jones is a lefty who can swing the ball. Alongside them was the captain Lewis who is a talented little off-break bowler...while Moti-Kanhai bowls very tight left-arm spin...hopefully we'll knock this off without any problems...no doubting the attack but the batting has question marks...there are four or five very good talents within it (Chanderpaul, Solozano, Pooran, Allen and Hetmyer) but sometimes they just let themselves down so badly..they recently played the Bangladesh u19s in the caribbean in a seven match series which was spin friendly conditions in guyana..so it was like heaven for the bd spinners...we lost 4-3 after coming back from 3-1 down...i just hope they've learned from that experience.

Last edited:

YorksLanka

International Debutant
comfortable win for SL against india after they have just beaten their Aussie counterparts in a series...:thumbup:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year

The match on the 16th between UAE and NZ should offer some nice odds, might save my funds for that one.