Cricket Player Manager
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 386
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: **Official** Under -19 World Cup 2014

  1. #46
    International 12th Man SeamUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    1,652
    Zimbabwe under 19 WC squad


    Dylan NEL (16) (Rhinos)
    Joylord GUMBIE (18) (Harare)
    Charles KUNJE (19) (Harare)
    Ryan BURL (19) (Harare)
    Tarisai MASAKANDA (18) (Mash. Central)
    Tinashe KAMANHUKAMNE (Harare)
    Luke JONGWE (18) (Harare)
    Kieran GEYLE (19) (Harare)
    Dylan HONDO (18) (Harare)
    Deven BELL (19) (Harare)
    Herbert CHIKOMBA (18) (Harare)
    Patrick MAMBO (18) (Harare)
    Mkhululi NYATHI (18) (Midlands)
    Cuthbert MUSOKO (19) (Harare)

  2. #47
    International 12th Man SeamUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    1,652
    South Africa under 19 WC squad

    Interestingly made 4 changes from the India tour squad. Also gone in with 6 players who can bat and bowl seam (Smith, Makhanya, Galiem, Phehlukwayo, Bopp & Bosch) and 3 players who can bat and bowl spin (Valli, Oldfield, Bruwer)

    Kirwin CHRISTOFFELS - (19) - Queens College (WARRIORS) - (LH opening bat)

    Clyde FORTUIN - (18) - St Josephs (COBRAS) - (Wicketkeeper, RHB)

    Aiden MARKRAM - (19) - Pretoria Boys (TITANS) - (Captain, RHB)

    Yaseen VALLI - (18) - KES (LIONS) - (LHB, Slow left-arm spin)

    Greg OLDFIELD - (18) - Michaelhouse (DOLPHINS) - (RHB, right-arm off-spin)

    Jason SMITH - (19) - Wynberg Boys (COBRAS) - (RHB, rm)

    Sibonelo MAKHANYA - (17) - DHS (DOLPHINS) - (RHB, rm)

    Driaan BRUWER - (18) - Affies (TITANS) - (Right-arm off-spin , LHB)

    Bradley BOPP - (18) - Grey PE (WARRIORS) - (RHB, rmf)

    Dayyaan GALIEM - (16) - Rondebosch Boys (COBRAS) - (RHB, rmf )

    Andile PHEHLUKWAYO - (17) - Glenwood (DOLPHINS) - (LHB, rmf)

    Corbin BOSCH - (19) - Pretoria Boys (TITANS) - (RHB, rmf)

    Kagiso RABADA - (18) - St Stithians (LIONS) - (RFM)

    Ngazibini SIGWILI - (18) - Hudson Park (WARRIORS) - (LMF)

    Justin DILL - (19) - Paul Roos (COBRAS) - (RFM)

  3. #48
    International Debutant theegyptian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,099
    Not one u19 WC has been held in England or is scheduled to be held there in the next 5 editions. Same with India. That sucks. Guess they just don't want it. Still seems strange.

  4. #49
    International 12th Man SeamUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    1,652
    New Zealand u19 WC squad

    Shawn HICKS - (18) - Auckland
    Dane WATSON - (19) - Auckland
    Robert O'DONNELL - (Captain) (19) - Auckland
    Brett RANDELL - (?) - Auckland
    Ken McCLURE - (19) - Canterbury
    Leo CARTER (Vice-Captain) - (19) - Canterbury
    Kyle JAMIESON - (19) - Canterbury
    Jeremy BENTON - (18) - Canterbury
    Henry COLLIER - (19) - Central Districts
    Tim SEIFERT - (19) - Northern Districts
    Kurtley WATSON - (19) - Northern Districts
    Luke WILLIAMSON - (?) - Northern Districts
    Jack HUNTER - (18) - Otago
    Josh FINNIE - (?) - Otago
    Rakitha WEERASUNDARA - (18) - Wellington


  5. #50
    International 12th Man SeamUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    1,652
    Quote Originally Posted by theegyptian View Post
    Not one u19 WC has been held in England or is scheduled to be held there in the next 5 editions. Same with India. That sucks. Guess they just don't want it. Still seems strange.
    You know what, never thought about it before. It is quite weird when you think of it. Windies haven't hosted either. Australia hosted for the first time in the last edition and South Africa only hosted in 1998.

    Yet Sri Lanka and New Zealand have had two each.

    I do think the facilities in UAE deserve this tournament though. Was also impressed with Malaysia in 2008.

  6. #51
    International Vice-Captain
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    australia
    Posts
    4,694
    Aussie side named nw.Expect changes especially in the batting.

  7. #52
    State Vice-Captain
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,209
    Quote Originally Posted by SeamUp View Post
    Also gone in with 6 players who can bat and bowl seam (Smith, Makhanya, Galiem, Phehlukwayo, Bopp & Bosch) and 3 players who can bat and bowl spin (Valli, Oldfield, Bruwer)
    Interesting. Farming for all-rounders?

  8. #53
    International 12th Man SeamUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    1,652
    Quote Originally Posted by Garson007 View Post
    Interesting. Farming for all-rounders?
    Quite possibly. It will be interesting to see how they perform and whether they can carry it to senior level. Also not sure how much spin we are going to get on these wickets because we didn't pick an out-and-out spinner.

    Jennings says he and the selectors feel they've picked the best possible squad but in all his time with the SA u19s hasn't come across so many players who can contribute with both bat and ball. He reckons some guys who could bat 9 or 10 come the tournament could also bat 5 or 6.

    Looking at the squad. The only player in the 15 who can't hold a bat is Sigwili.

    1531978_10152107890289351_588798237_n.jpg

    Back Row: Yaseen Valli, Sibonelo Makhanya, Andile Phehlukwayo, Jason Smith, Kagiso Rabada, Greg Oldfield, Brad Bopp, Dayyaan Galiem, Ngazi Sigwili, Kirwin Christoffels

    Front Row: Corbin Bosch, Clyde Fortuin, Aiden Markram, Justin Dill, Driaan Bruwer

    Pics from the announcement dinner: http://www.galloimages.co.za/event/c...ncement/165438
    Last edited by SeamUp; 11-01-2014 at 04:10 PM.

  9. #54
    International 12th Man SeamUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    1,652
    Quote Originally Posted by brockley View Post
    Aussie side named nw.Expect changes especially in the batting.
    Doran, Smith, McDermott to all remain surely? Play around those 3 ?

    Think the English announced their squad today but no official press release.

  10. #55
    International Vice-Captain
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    australia
    Posts
    4,694
    Yeh i'd say so.The others had poor junior series,for instance opener Blake Mortimor averaged 9 and Mathew Short 15,there are other guys putting up their hand.

  11. #56
    School Boy/Girl Captain
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    167
    Hopefully Bangladesh under-19 can reach the semi-finals. Our team usually sucks when it comes to tournaments but under-19 team in general has always been competitive. Last year in Australia, we came ahead of Pakistan and Sri Lanka.

  12. #57
    International Coach Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    10,020
    The winner will either be India, Pakistan or Australia since that's how it's always been.

  13. #58
    International 12th Man SeamUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    1,652
    Quote Originally Posted by SeamUp View Post
    South Africa under 19 WC squad

    Interestingly made 4 changes from the India tour squad. Also gone in with 6 players who can bat and bowl seam (Smith, Makhanya, Galiem, Phehlukwayo, Bopp & Bosch) and 3 players who can bat and bowl spin (Valli, Oldfield, Bruwer)

    Kirwin CHRISTOFFELS - (19) - Queens College (WARRIORS) - (LH opening bat)

    Clyde FORTUIN - (18) - St Josephs (COBRAS) - (Wicketkeeper, RHB)

    Aiden MARKRAM - (19) - Pretoria Boys (TITANS) - (Captain, RHB)

    Yaseen VALLI - (18) - KES (LIONS) - (LHB, Slow left-arm spin)

    Greg OLDFIELD - (18) - Michaelhouse (DOLPHINS) - (RHB, right-arm off-spin)

    Jason SMITH - (19) - Wynberg Boys (COBRAS) - (RHB, rm)

    Sibonelo MAKHANYA - (17) - DHS (DOLPHINS) - (RHB, rm)

    Driaan BRUWER - (18) - Affies (TITANS) - (Right-arm off-spin , LHB)

    Bradley BOPP - (18) - Grey PE (WARRIORS) - (RHB, rmf)

    Dayyaan GALIEM - (16) - Rondebosch Boys (COBRAS) - (RHB, rmf )

    Andile PHEHLUKWAYO - (17) - Glenwood (DOLPHINS) - (LHB, rmf)

    Corbin BOSCH - (19) - Pretoria Boys (TITANS) - (RHB, rmf)

    Kagiso RABADA - (18) - St Stithians (LIONS) - (RFM)

    Ngazibini SIGWILI - (18) - Hudson Park (WARRIORS) - (LMF)

    Justin DILL - (19) - Paul Roos (COBRAS) - (RFM)
    Some quotes -

    Captain Markram: "I was so shocked I didn't even know if I was happy or not at the time (of the announcement)," Markram said. "This is a tremendous honour and I am looking forward to the challenge of leading the side all the way to the final."

    Coach Jennings: "It was a tough process picking out this side, but I'm satisfied that we've picked out the best team for this competition," Jennings said. "It's a very exciting tournament that we're going to and I'm looking forward to seeing how the guys perform against the best in the world, this is their time to prove us right or wrong."

    The team will meet in Johannesburg for a training camp on February 2, and leave for Dubai on February 7. South Africa will begin their campaign against West Indies Under-19 on February 14.


    Quote Originally Posted by SeamUp View Post
    New Zealand u19 WC squad

    Shawn HICKS - (18) - Auckland
    Dane WATSON - (19) - Auckland
    Robert O'DONNELL - (Captain) (19) - Auckland
    Brett RANDELL - (?) - Auckland
    Ken McCLURE - (19) - Canterbury
    Leo CARTER (Vice-Captain) - (19) - Canterbury
    Kyle JAMIESON - (19) - Canterbury
    Jeremy BENTON - (18) - Canterbury
    Henry COLLIER - (19) - Central Districts
    Tim SEIFERT - (19) - Northern Districts
    Kurtley WATSON - (19) - Northern Districts
    Luke WILLIAMSON - (?) - Northern Districts
    Jack HUNTER - (18) - Otago
    Josh FINNIE - (?) - Otago
    Rakitha WEERASUNDARA - (18) - Wellington
    Robert O'Donnell, the right-handed batsman, will lead New Zealand in the 2014 Under-19 World Cup in the UAE from February 14 to March 1. O'Donnell, from Auckland, was part of the squad for the previous edition of the tournament in 2012, in which New Zealand reached the semi-finals.

    Coach Bradburn: "We're confident in the team we've selected and believe that they have the ability to do something special in UAE. These players are the future of our sport and they recognise the responsibility that comes with that," Bradburn said.

    "The strides they've made over the past 12 months have been really pleasing and they can take real confidence from that growth. The tournament will be hugely valuable in terms of continuing that growth going forward - in saying that, we're certainly going there to try and win it and I believe we have a good chance."

    New Zealand will depart for the UAE on February 7 and play two warm-up games, against Canada and West Indies. They play their first Group D game against Sri Lanka on February 14, before taking on UAE two days later and England on February 18.

    Heard O'Donnell and Seifert are the chaps to watch.

  14. #59
    International 12th Man SeamUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    1,652
    Sri Lanka u19 World Cup squad

    Kusal Mendis has been named captain of Sri Lanka's 15-member squad for the Under-19 World Cup, which begins next month in the UAE. Mendis captained the team during the recent ACC Under-19 Asia Cup, and scored 166 runs at an average of 41.50, including a century against Bangladesh and 52 against India.

    The squad contains one survivor from the 2012 Under-19 World Cup in Australia in Anuk Fernando. The left-handed allrounder played only two matches, but has since assumed an important role for the side with his left-arm seam and his batting down the order.

    Sri Lanka, who have been drawn in Group D alongside New Zealand, England and the hosts UAE, will begin their World Cup campaign against New Zealand in Sharjah on February 14.


    Kusal MENDIS - (18) (capt) - Moratuwa & Prince of Wales College
    Sadeera SAMARAWICKRAMA - (18) - St Jospehs College
    Vinod BANUKA - () -
    Hashan DUMINDU - (18) - Kalaniya & Gurukula College
    Kavindu KULASEKARA - (18) - Thurstan College
    Priyamal PERERA - (18) - St. Joseph's College, Colombo
    Thilaksha Malshan SUMANASIRI - (18) - S. Thomas' College, Mt. Lavinia
    Hashan RAMANAYAKE - (18) - Royal College, Colombo
    Binura FERNANDO - (18) - DS Senanayake College
    Anuk FERNANDO - (18) - Moratuwa & St Sebastians College
    Hashan VIMARSHANA - (19) - St Thomas' College, Matara
    AK TYRONNE - (18) - Richmond College, Galle
    Lakshan JAYASINGHE - (18) Kandy Cricket club, Sinhalese Sports Club, Trinity College
    Ramesh MENDIS - (18) - Sinhalese Sports Club, Dharmasoka College, Ambalangoda
    Harsha RAJAPAKSA - (18) - Rahula College, Matara
    Last edited by SeamUp; 13-01-2014 at 04:08 AM.

  15. #60
    International 12th Man SeamUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    1,652
    Quote Originally Posted by brockley View Post
    Yeh i'd say so.The others had poor junior series,for instance opener Blake Mortimor averaged 9 and Mathew Short 15,there are other guys putting up their hand.
    No more McDermott. Will we be seeing Graeme Hick at the helm now with Chappell ?

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. *Official* NRL 2014
    By uvelocity in forum General Sports Forum
    Replies: 562
    Last Post: 20-10-2014, 11:11 PM
  2. ***Official*** Road to World Cup 2014
    By BoyBrumby in forum 2014 Football World Cup - Brazil
    Replies: 790
    Last Post: 11-06-2014, 01:23 AM
  3. ***Official*** 2014 Asia Cup
    By Sarun in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 1006
    Last Post: 08-03-2014, 07:49 PM
  4. ***Official*** Sri Lanka in Bangladesh 2014
    By Maximas in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 346
    Last Post: 22-02-2014, 08:14 AM
  5. *Official* Road to India in England 2014
    By Spark in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: 07-09-2013, 06:10 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •