• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your Test Team in 2018

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, I see Devcich not so much as a self-made man, as a guy who inherited some agribusiness Bitcoin, which he was too lazy to work out how to convert into cash about five years ago.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
India

Shikhar Dhawan
Ajinkya Rahane

Cheteshwar Pujara
Virat Kohli
Unmukht Chand

(A good all-rounder, hopefully)
Wridhiman Saha (w)

Ravi Ashwin
Harmeet Singh
Mohammad Shami
Umesh Yadav

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, I see Devcich not so much as a self-made man, as a guy who inherited some agribusiness Bitcoin, which he was too lazy to work out how to convert into cash about five years ago.
Hilarious.

One's post count should go up by a bonus 100 posts for every dig at Anton.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Australia 2018
1. Jordan Silk
2. David Warner
3. Travis Head
4. Steven Smith*
5. Chris Lynn
6. Mitchell Marsh
7. Peter Nevill +
8. Mitchell Starc
9. James Pattinson
10. Pat Cummins
11. Nathan Lyon

Squad: Joe Burns, Josh Hazlewood, Jackson Bird, James Faulkner, Sam Whiteman, Random Spinner

I was really struggling for middle order bats there.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
NZ 2018
1. Jeet Raval
2. Hamish Rutherford
3. Kane Williamson*
4. Ross Taylor
5. Tom Latham
6. Corey Anderson
7. BJ Watling +
8. Mitchell Santner
9. Tim Southee
10. Bevan Small
11. Trent Boult

Squad: Michael Bracewell, Adam Milne, Ben Wheeler, Jimmy Neesham, Ish Sodhi, Derek de Boorder

sunilreddy

Banned
V Zol
B Aparajith
Pujara
Kohli
Rahane
R Sharma
Samson/Karthik
Ashwin
Ojha/B Kumar/ Aaron/R Dhawan
Shami
U Yadav

Howsie

International Captain
1. Hamish Rutherford (28)
2. Tom Latham (25)
3. Kane Williamson (C) (27)
4. Ross Taylor (34)
5. Daryl Mitchell (26)
6. Corey Anderson (27)
7. BJ Watling (32)
8. Doug Bracewell (27)
9. Ish Sodhi (25)
10. Tim Southee (29)
11. Trent Boult (28)

FMD how young is the New Zealand test team at the moment.

Flem274*

123/5
joe carter (temporary worker)
rakitha weerasundara (hail mary) (temporary worker)
kane williamson
ross taylor (c)
will young
corey anderson
bj watling
tim southee
adam milne/matt henry
trent boult
bevan small/matt henry

maybe put dane watson in as the next great white spin hope or neesham at 8.

Last edited:

Philhughesisbes

School Boy/Girl Captain
Australia 2018
1. Jordan Silk
2. David Warner
3. Travis Head
4. Steven Smith*
5. Chris Lynn
6. Mitchell Marsh
7. Peter Nevill +
8. Mitchell Starc
9. James Pattinson
10. Pat Cummins
11. Nathan Lyon

Squad: Joe Burns, Josh Hazlewood, Jackson Bird, James Faulkner, Sam Whiteman, Random Spinner

I was really struggling for middle order bats there.
Phil Hughes,Nic Maddinson will be in the 11 by then.Some persons in high places have been speaking highly of Sam Whiteman.I see Mitch Marsh taking up the all rounder's role.Maybe Jake Doran might be around the team by then.I know all the talk has been about Muirhead and I think he is very talented but I have not seen a more talented leggie among the young leggies in Australia than Zampa.Cameron Boyce might be another leggie to keep an eye on.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
- Nick Maddinson
- Dave Warner
- Jordan Silk
- Chris Lynn
- Steve Smith *
- Moises Henriques
- Peter Nevill
- James Pattinson
- Pat Cummins
- Jackson Bird
- Nathan Lyon

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
1. Hamish Rutherford (28)
2. Tom Latham (25)
3. Kane Williamson (C) (27)
4. Ross Taylor (34)
5. Daryl Mitchell (26)
6. Corey Anderson (27)
7. BJ Watling (32)
8. Doug Bracewell (27)
9. Ish Sodhi (25)
10. Tim Southee (29)
11. Trent Boult (28)

FMD how young is the New Zealand test team at the moment.
chur 7 ND players in there.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
He decided four years is too short for Joe Carter to address his defensive footwork probs and make it 8/11.

He's calling it pretty straight lately, Howsie. We all thought Carl Cachopa had some stodgy valour about him, but Howsie was right, he was just a wallflower who dreamed of loosening up a bit and getting into agribusiness, but at that stage didn't know how.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Phil Hughes,Nic Maddinson will be in the 11 by then.Some persons in high places have been speaking highly of Sam Whiteman.I see Mitch Marsh taking up the all rounder's role.Maybe Jake Doran might be around the team by then.I know all the talk has been about Muirhead and I think he is very talented but I have not seen a more talented leggie among the young leggies in Australia than Zampa.Cameron Boyce might be another leggie to keep an eye on.
Hughes has had a huge number of opportunities and doesn't seem to have much support coming from Lehmann. He might be the perennial squad player, tbh.

Nic Maddinson currently has Shaun Marsh Syndrome. Looks great, but really doesn't inspire that much confidence at Test level. I suspect he'll get a go around 2016 or 2017, be dropped for a couple of years, and then hopefully come back and make the 5000 Test runs I had him nailed on for. All the talent in the world; he just has to use it.

Jake Doran will still be very young. Big call to pick him for a Test gig this early, even if the signs are good. A lot can happen in 4 years for a prodigy.

Zampa/Boyce may come along nicely, but Gazza will be hitting his prime IMO.

Philhughesisbes

School Boy/Girl Captain
Hughes has had a huge number of opportunities and doesn't seem to have much support coming from Lehmann. He might be the perennial squad player, tbh.

Nic Maddinson currently has Shaun Marsh Syndrome. Looks great, but really doesn't inspire that much confidence at Test level. I suspect he'll get a go around 2016 or 2017, be dropped for a couple of years, and then hopefully come back and make the 5000 Test runs I had him nailed on for. All the talent in the world; he just has to use it.

Jake Doran will still be very young. Big call to pick him for a Test gig this early, even if the signs are good. A lot can happen in 4 years for a prodigy.

Zampa/Boyce may come along nicely, but Gazza will be hitting his prime IMO.

Phil Hughes is currently in the selectors sight and quite rightly so. He has scored heaps in the Sheffield Shield.He will replace Rogers one feels when Rogers retire.Maddinson is still quite young and has all the talent in the world.I think we're entering into an exciting period in Aussie cricket sure the Cameron White ,Ferguson , Marsh generation have failed but we are now booming with young talents.I said it before and I"ll say it again Australia will be a force because of their pace prospects.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Something about Warner and Hughes just doesn't feel right to me.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Latham
Williamson
Bracewell
Taylor
Ryder
Anderson
Watling
Sodhi
Southee
Boult
Milne

Shri

Mr. Glass
Rossouw :wub:

Anyway, Indian test outfit:

Rahane / Chand
Dhawan
Pujara
Sharma
Kohli (C)
Zol
Ashwin (VC)
N Ojha (Wk)
Yet another trundler who pretends to be a fast bowler
Shami
P Ojha
6 out of ten isn't bad.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Let's grab out our crystal balls and predict our future Test side for say 2018.

1. David Warner
2. Jordan Silk
3. Phil Hughes
4. Chris Lynn
5. Travis Head
6. Steven Smith
7. Jake Doran
8. James Pattinson
9. Mitchell Starc
10. Pat Cummins
11. Nathan Lyon

Sticking my neck out on the line with a few of those calls, but meh :p
Oh dear at Silk and Doran.

Hughes :(

Bowling pretty good though I wish I'd have picked Hazlewood.