• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your Test Team in 2018

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Test team

Dimuth Karunarathne
Lahiru Thirimanne
Dinesh Chandimal
Angelo Mathews*
Angelo Perera
Kithruwan Vithanage
Kusal Perera+
RMS Eranga
Suranga Lakmal
Nuwan Pradeep
PHT Kaushal
Sachithra Senanayake

(I've picked 12, depending on the wicket 2 + 2 or 3 + 1 bowling attacks could be selected)

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Ahmad Shehzad
Azhar Ali
Fawad Alam
Sohaib Maqsood
Asad Shafiq
Harris Sohail
Umar Akmal (wk)
Zafar Gohar
Bilawal Bhatti
Ehsan Adil
Junaid Khan

91Jmay

International Coach
Alastair Cook
Alex Lees
Joe Root
James Taylor
Dominic Sibley
Ben Stokes
Jos Buttler
Stuart Broad
Ravi Patel
James Overton
Steven Finn

Other names to look out are Woakes, Maurice Holmes (would be a great story if the ECB pulled there ****ing fingers out) Tymal Mills, Chris Jordan and probably a few South Africans.

Ian Bell will actually still be potentially around then as could Matt Prior.

Last edited:

Garson007

State Vice-Captain
R Rossouw
Elgar
Amla
De Villiers (c) (Don't support him as captain, but that's the trajectory)
S Van Zyl
Duminy
De Kock (wk)
Harmer
Philander
Steyn (close to retirement)
B Hendricks

Very unsure of the openers.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Rossouw :wub:

Anyway, Indian test outfit:

Rahane / Chand
Dhawan
Pujara
Sharma
Kohli (C)
Zol
Ashwin (VC)
N Ojha (Wk)
Yet another trundler who pretends to be a fast bowler
Shami
P Ojha

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
My West Indian 2018 test lineup

Kraigg Braithwaite (c)
Kieron Powell
Adrian Barath
Darren Bravo
Jonathan Carter
Kieron Pollard
Shai Hope (wk)
Jason Holder
Sunil Narine
Kemar Roach
Miguel Cummins

Massive punt on Shai Hope because he scored a ton of runs at Under 19 level and I like his style. I've no actual evidence he is likely to make it. Was tempted to go for Nicholas Pooran but I reckon Ramdin might keep him out of the T & T side and therefore stunt his development.

Really not sure if Marlon Samuels or Chris Gayle will still be around by then, they may well have become complete T20 mercanaries by then. I'm hoping Pollard will play more FC cricket soon like he has promised as he could definitely be a decent 4 day batsman if he put his mind to it (his record is already pretty good).

The batting looks very poor if I'm honest, though our bowling is pretty exciting and looks in good health (remarkable considering what has been selected in New Zealand.....).

Last edited:

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Alastair Cook
Alex Lees
Joe Root
James Taylor
Dominic Sibley
Ben Stokes
Jos Buttler
Stuart Broad
Ravi Patel
James Overton
Steven Finn

Other names to look out are Woakes, Maurice Holmes (would be a great story if the ECB pulled there ****ing fingers out) Tymal Mills, Chris Jordan and probably a few South Africans.

Good side. think Mills will get in ahead of Joverton or Finn though. He apparently started playing cricket at 14, so his development must be a bit behind.

I still like Rafiq when I see him bowl, but it just doesn't seem to work with results

Last edited:

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Warner
Hughes
Doolan
Maddinson
Smith
Henriques
Nevill
Starc
Pattinson
Cummins
Lyon

Last edited:

SeamUp

International Coach
R Rossouw
Elgar
Amla
De Villiers (c) (Don't support him as captain, but that's the trajectory)
S Van Zyl
Duminy
De Kock (wk)
Harmer
Philander
Steyn (close to retirement)
B Hendricks

Very unsure of the openers.
They seem to like Elgar, R. Hendricks and Cook as openers but if we talking the future then the initial two would fall in there.

But it certainly is a talking point. Another option is Quinton plays as an opener and someone like Vilas, Mosehle or the SA u19 keeper Clyde Fortuin takes the gloves.

That is obviously writing off a young opener coming along in the next few years as well.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Alastair Cook
Alex Lees
Joe Root
James Taylor
Dominic Sibley
Ben Stokes
Jos Buttler
Stuart Broad
Ravi Patel
James Overton
Steven Finn

Nah, not enough foreigners to be a good english side :p

cricmahanty

School Boy/Girl Captain

Gambhir
Rahane
Pujara
Kohli
Sharma
Samson
Ashwin
Harmeet
Bhuvneshwar
Shami
Yadav

Owing to Vijay and Dhawan flopping anywhere where ball bounces more than knee-high, selectors call up Gambhir back for some experience at the top. Rahane has made his way into the top with blokes like Chand and Zol challenging him.

(As of December 2013, Chand hasn't really set the first-class scene on fire and Zol's domestic career has a small sample space to judge from)

Pujara, Kohli and Sharma merge into a fairly decent middle-order crust. Pujara is consistency exemplified and while he isn't next to Bradman on the average charts anymore, he manages to maintain a 50+ batting average. Sharma's still hot-and-cold, charmingly magical to watch on his day but he still makes you punch holes in your wall through his rough patches. Kohli has mellowed down a bit and has made the God's position his own.

Samson is good enough to make it into the XI as a batsman itself. That he keeps wickets makes him the next-in-line after Dhoni hangs his gloves. Ashwin, meanwhile has developed into a batsman worth taking due note of and while his bowling still leaves a lot to desire, he continues as the lead spinner. As teams around the world have cracked Jadeja's straight-breakers, India turn to young Harmeet Singh for the second spinner's place.

Any prediction on what India's fast bowling unit would be like in 5 years time is bound to be a prediction made out of thin air and lots of finger crossings. So if things stay right and none of the young quickies buckle under the odd twitchy hamstrings, sore backs and an almost inevitable loss of pace that all promising Indian fast bowlers suffer from down the line, Bhuvneshwar/Shami/Yadav might just be the triad to take India forward in the years to come.

Crazy wish: Tendulkar comes out of retirement and is edging close to the 20,000 mark in test cricket.