• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your ATG team without Bradman or Sobers

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
I reckon Bradman and Sobers are the unanimous picks in everyone's ATG teams. Some people prefer Murali over Warne, or vice versa, and some people don't pick Marshall, preferring other quicks. Most people have Hobbs, but not everyone does.

I think every serious ATG team I've seen contain Bradman and Sobers though. So my question is: what's your ATG team without Bradman and Sobers? And why?

It's an interesting question, because number 3 and the batting all-rounder are interesting spots. Some might put Botham at #6, but others might think his batting isn't enough. So do we look at Kallis?

*bear with me people who don't like ATG stuff. I'm having a quiet day at work!

Last edited:

salman85

International Debutant
1.Hobbs
2.Sutcliffe
3.Ponting
4.Tendulkar
5.Richards
6.Botham
7.Knott (wk)
8.Imran (c)
9.Warne
10.Marshall
11.McGrath

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Hobbs
Hutton
Macartney
Richards
Miller
Worrell *
Gilchrist +
Imran
Larwood
Marshall
Muralitharan

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hobbs
Hutton
Lara
Richards
Tendulkar
Gilchrist+
Imran
Hadlee
Marshall
Warne
Muralitharan

watson

Banned
01. Jack Hobbs
02. Len Hutton
03. George Headley
04. Sachin Tendulkar
05. Viv Richards
06. Jacques Kallis
07. Alan Knott+
08. Imran Khan
09. Malcolm Marshall
10. Shane Warne
11. Dennis Lillee

(I'm somewhat of a Tendulkar convert after having a closer look at Tendulkar's and Lara's records recently )

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Today I shall go:

1 Grace
2 Gavaskar
3 V Richards
4 G Chappell
5 Border
6 Gilchrist
7 Imran
8 Davidson
9 Warne
10 Marshall
11 Ambrose

Last edited:

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Today I shall go:

1 Grace
2 Gavaskar
3 V Richards
4 G Chappell
5 Border
6 Gilchrist
7 Imran
8 Davidson
9 Warne
10 Marshall
11 Ambrose
Boss team. I love it. Has everything.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Hutton
Hobbs
Headley
Tendulkar
Richards
Gilchrist
Khan
Warne
Marshall
McGrath
Muralitharan

watson

Banned
Today it's;

01. Sunil Gavaskar
02. Jack Hobbs
03. Viv Richards
04. Greg Chappell
05. Allan Border
06. Keith Miller
07. Adam Gilchrist+
08. Richie Benaud*
09. Andy Roberts
10. Micheal Holding
11. Sydney Barnes

Last edited:

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Hobbs
Richards
Richards
Tendulkar
Lara
Hammond
Gilchrist
Imran
Marshall
Warne
Barnes

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Hobbs
Gavaskar
Lara
Kallis
Pollock
Flower (wk)
Imran
Hadlee
Wasim
Warne
Murali

Thought I'd leave Gilchrist out as well since he pretty much always get picked in these sides

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hobbs
Gavaskar
Lara
Kallis
Pollock
Flower (wk)
Imran
Hadlee
Wasim
Warne
Murali

Thought I'd leave Gilchrist out as well since he pretty much always get picked in these sides
Been a trend recently that people have started picking Knott over Gilchrist, which I find to be flat out wrong

Last edited:

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
I reckon Bradman and Sobers are the unanimous picks in everyone's ATG teams. Some people prefer Murali over Warne, or vice versa, and some people don't pick Marshall, preferring other quicks. Most people have Hobbs, but not everyone does.

I think every serious ATG team I've seen contain Bradman and Sobers though. So my question is: what's your ATG team without Bradman and Sobers? And why?

It's an interesting question, because number 3 and the batting all-rounder are interesting spots. Some might put Botham at #6, but others might think his batting isn't enough. So do we look at Kallis?

*bear with me people who don't like ATG stuff. I'm having a quiet day at work!
I would disagree slightly and annoy everyone by stating that every serious ATG team also includes Marshall and Hobbs. The last exercise we did here (CW ATG XI Open Voting), I believe Marshall was a unanimous selection while Hobbs out of 20 plus votes was just one short. Warne and Gilchrist comes close, but while among experts Warne is all but unanimous on CW Warne vs Murali will always be contentious and for Gilchrist vs Knott (or even Tallon) it will always be more of a philosophical argument over the better wicketkeeper batsman or batsman wicketkeeper or pure wicketkeeper.
Marshall and Hobbs though in general will always garner at least 9/10 votes for such teams.

Again, just my opinion.

smash84

The Tiger King
I would disagree slightly and annoy everyone by stating that every serious ATG team also includes Marshall and Hobbs. The last exercise we did here (CW ATG XI Open Voting), I believe Marshall was a unanimous selection while Hobbs out of 20 plus votes was just one short. Warne and Gilchrist comes close, but while among experts Warne is all but unanimous on CW Warne vs Murali will always be contentious and for Gilchrist vs Knott (or even Tallon) it will always be more of a philosophical argument over the better wicketkeeper batsman or batsman wicketkeeper or pure wicketkeeper.
Marshall and Hobbs though in general will always garner at least 9/10 votes for such teams.

Again, just my opinion.
I would argue that Imran adds more value to the side than does Marshall and hence you need to become sligtly less controversial by adopting this stance