• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your ATG team without Bradman or Sobers

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
Hayden had technical difficulties against the moving ball, which he got away with in Australia and the sub continent. Home track bully might be a fairer term.
In comparison as you can see here Sachin was a complete batsmen and performed everywhere. In fact his worst average touring average was in Zimbabwe

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Waugh isn't in the same area code as Viv and I don't think that I am the only one who thinks so. Additionally stats for a batsman doesn't tell the entire story. So because Lara and Weekes have better averages than IVA doesn't make them better even though they were both ATG batsmen. If averages meant everything Barrington would be a top 10 batsman, which he is not nearly.
He's in the same area code. Just a couple of blocks away, in a different neighbourhood.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Not that much better i am sure of that. Not many have ever been better than Hayden. Point is if ever there was a flat track bully it was Sutcliffe, he was as ruthless as they come.
14 matches in Australia at 63.70
33 matches in England at 64.60
2 matches in New Zealand at 12.00
5 matches in South Africa at 46.44

Just screams FTB, doesn't it.

watson

Banned
What's a Flat Track Bully anyway? If it's a batsman that scores the majority of their runs on good wickets against weaker opposition - then Sutcliffe can't be an example. He was a great player who made lots of runs against the best available opposition.