• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

State Championship Round 5...Vincent hitting his straps...

Ming

State 12th Man
Canterbury vs Auckland
Hagley Oval, Christchurch

Canterbury 443 (M Papps 130, C Harris 103, P Fulton 68, A Barnes 4-55) v Auckland 213 for 3 (L Vincent 116*, R Nicol 25*)

Just when we thought we had seen the last of Lou Vincent in Tests and ODI's, he blazes a century on his first game back for Auckland! He's currently on 114* off a mere 105 balls at Hagley Oval. So Vincent is back in form, and certainly will be a contender for the ODI's if Cumming troubles continue.

Central Districts vs Otago
Pukekura Park, New Plymouth

CD 350 (J How 169, M Sinclair 62, B Griggs 52*, B Scott 5-97) v Otago 205 (Rushton 54, M Mason 5-62)

A bout of stomach virus caused a handful of CD players from the field, and coach Mark Greatbach was forced to field and took a stunning catch at gully. Good to see a number of openers finding form, like How, who averaged 46 last year, and Sinclair consistently getting starts this season. Mason bowled beautifully and beat the bat numerous times and deserved his 5-wicket bag.

Northern Districts vs Wellington
Westpac Park, Hamilton

Wellington 250 (M Walker 94*, L Woodcock 41, G Aldridge 4-31) and 115 for 7 (M Bell 60, B Martin 4-30) v ND 125 (M Orchard 39*, J Franklin 4-34)

Matthew Walker, unlucky to not get into the ODI squad, was stranded on 94* batting at 8. Promising left-arm spinning allrounder Luke Woodcocl, backing up from his 4-38 against Pakistan, supported Pies well. Also good to see a number of spinners getting about their work well, with Bruce Martin backing up from his 5-wickets last game for a 4-for this game. Franklin continued his good form with the ball.

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
Saw a little of the Auckland-Canterbury game yesterday as I had training at hagley. Saw Tim McIntosh playing for the first time and I thought he looked totally outclassed by an average bowling attack. And to tell the truth so did Richardson, who went out to very poor shot. He is someone who prides himself on his guts and not getting tied down. Yesterday I saw him tied down for a few overs and not being able to take that pressure.

Azza Redmond bowled great, and was helped by some sharp fielding under the helmet by Broomy. He took all 3 wickets. Vincent looked class. Some awesome straight drives.

---------
Ming I think it will take more that one good innings by vincent to say he is in form again. I wouldn't go rushing him back into the team just yet. Look at Papps and Fulton. In the best form of there lifes. Lets hope we get to see them in the black jersay soon. The doing enough to deserve it.