• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricinfo Forums..Gone?

Ming

State 12th Man
Yeah I noticed that my former home at nzcricket.co.nz forums were gone, and same for the others as well.

But I see some have moved like Craig..Walsh? and that Richard....

So are they gone permanently?

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
BT-Asian cricket was not updated since 23'rd December, even that last post came a day or two later.

The 2 Lankan forums are still active.

The England forums are updated, though they load the posts late.

I don't know what has happened to the NZ forum.

Ming

State 12th Man
Ah Arjun I remember you! You posted quite a bit on the nzcricket one.

And Craig, remember that Jason Scones! :D

Craig

World Traveller
Yeah I do. Imagine him here? He's the NZ Cricket forum version of Richard (Notthe chanceless innings stuff etc.).

Pass in there from time to time.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Yep, that was me! What on earth has happened to the NZ forum? It looks a mess! Nothing new has happened since outbacknick last posted.

I have to admit, I do remember some characters of those forums- Cool Asian, Rishva, Michael R, Paul Gilham, Jason Scoones, Chris (all of them), Salvatore and Stuart Hawkins.

I was looking for any NZ specific forum, so someone suggested SilverFern. Does anyone from the CricInfo forums post there?

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah I do. Imagine him here? He's the NZ Cricket forum version of Richard (Notthe chanceless innings stuff etc.).
Very much, except for the style of typing.

I remember, someone from England asked when the NZ team was coming to India and he said,

The ICC ten-year plan has it.

You didn't even try.

What a waste of a post!

Craig

World Traveller
Arjun said:
I have to admit, I do remember some characters of those forums- Cool Asian, Rishva, Michael R, Paul Gilham, Jason Scoones, Chris (all of them), Salvatore and Stuart Hawkins.
Chris - a Adpoted Kiwi having born in England and lived in Holland for a few years, well respected.

Paul - Hardcore Somerset fan who liked to pick on Richard. His funnist contribution was his "Dickinson's heros"series picking cricketers like Croft and Horne and had his own series.

Richard didnt find it funny. He had a four part series consisted of: Javed Omar (his favourite cricketer off all time), Matt Horne, Robert Croft and Mark Allenye.

He was going to create a series called: "Dickinsons Dumbos" first person - Matt Hayden. But never did.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Paul - Hardcore Somerset fan who liked to pick on Richard. His funnist contribution was his "Dickinson's heros"series picking cricketers like Croft and Horne and had his own series.

Richard didnt find it funny. He had a four part series consisted of: Javed Omar (his favourite cricketer off all time), Matt Horne, Robert Croft and Mark Allenye.

He was going to create a series called: "Dickinsons Dumbos" first person - Matt Hayden. But never did.
That has a special place in history. I intend to start a similar idea on SportNetwork ICF, called "ICF heroes", consisting of Ajit Agarkar (the best player in the world ever), Dinesh Mongia, Shiv Sunder Das and Deep Dasgupta.

I thought Robert Croft would make a good selection these days, given Ashley Giles' form these days.

By the way, wasn't it Chris Collingwood who started the trend, with Javed Omar?

When was that?

Scott Tacey even made a 'dream team' of all these heroes.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
I also remember one "1337-h4x0r" from Sri Lanka. Unusual name. Always had a go at Australians, especially Brett Lee.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
The forums are all still there, most of them seem to still be being updated. But they're as dead as a doornail, for some reason they've taken the link off the front page and even the sitemap now.
Sad, really.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Arjun said:
I also remember one "1337-h4x0r" from Sri Lanka. Unusual name. Always had a go at Australians, especially Brett Lee.
In "1337 (Leet)" speak it stands for "Elite Hacker"

Ming

State 12th Man
Arjun said:
Yep, that was me! What on earth has happened to the NZ forum? It looks a mess! Nothing new has happened since outbacknick last posted.

I was looking for any NZ specific forum, so someone suggested SilverFern. Does anyone from the CricInfo forums post there?
Um remember the guy who had a reaaaal go at that Scones...that was me. :D

Ah...are you talking about www.thesilverfern.com? That's a more rugby forum but has some cricket. I'm a regular poster there.

iamdavid

International Debutant
Craig said:
.Paul - Hardcore Somerset fan who liked to pick on Richard. His funnist contribution was his "Dickinson's heros"series picking cricketers like Croft and Horne and had his own series.

:lol: :lol:
That was good , Richard clearly didnt see the funny side of things though :P .

Paul would fit in quite well over here , pitty there's no way of contacting him though :( .

In the end there were only 6 of us posting on the ECF (amit dosent count ;) ).
Only gets updated once in a blue moon now.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
In the end there were only 6 of us posting on the ECF (amit dosent count ).
Only gets updated once in a blue moon now.
I can count 4. Who are the last 2?

Paul would fit in quite well over here , pitty there's no way of contacting him though
It's disappointing. We could use some of his writing. I had even started another series called the Modern Day Batting Heroes, starring Marcus Trescothick, Chris Gayle, Kumar Sangakkara and Graeme Smith- did I miss anyone?

Craig

World Traveller
I lasted visited it last year.

We had no interestin characters like The Duck or anything.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Who was the player that Shane Sitek made up to play for England in 2008? I remember that's what someone said. He made a team for the future, with Vaughan and Key opening....