• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Club - Funding

wildman

Cricket Spectator
Hi Gents,

First post on this forum for me.

I am quite heavily involved in my cricket club and am looking to pay something back to the club. I moved here for work purposes and they have been very welcoming and sometimes have gone out of their way for me.

Anyway, the issue of funding has risen recently. We don't have a rich benefactor, unlike some of the previous clubs that I have played for. We are looking to upgrade some of the club's facilities as some of the equipment is dated.

Any suggestions where to look for forms of funding? We have in place the usual stuff such as sponsorship, etc. I've been looking into CASC and registering as a charity. Has anybody got any experience of this?

Cheers.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Immensely difficult question! I have heard chat about CASC on the various boards and committees I've sat on in the past, but can't remember any tangible significance or benefit which has come about / failed to materialise from pursuing or ignoring the status.

The way that most of the clubs/organisations I've been involved with have operated has always been heavily based on connections: if you have players/parents of players involved in particular areas, then look to follow that up and see what benefits you can derive from initiatives that will benefit you both. Put together a sponsored programme/fixture card (etc). Some local councils offer grants for local sports clubs that tick particular boxes in terms of development. Talk to your County Board - if they're worth their salt (and they should be if they want HPCB money) they should have something that can help you... particularly if you mention the phrases "player retention" or "16-24"...