• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Turnaround in the last over by 36 runs

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Is there any record of turnaround in the last over by 36 runs in any over-limited competitions?
i am pretty sure the only instances of 36 in an over is
a) Sobers in FC
b) Yuvraj in some T20 but it wasn't the last over.
c) Shastri in FC

so no - it has not happened in professional cricket.

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
i am pretty sure the only instances of 36 in an over is
a) Sobers in FC
b) Yuvraj in some T20 but it wasn't the last over.
c) Shastri in FC

so no - it has not happened in professional cricket.
Thank you. Could you tell me what "FC" is? Of course I know that is not Football Club, but I really don't know.

uvelocity

International Coach
first class cricket buddy, as in 2 innings each - similar format to test cricket, between first class sides - for example indian, australian, english state/province/county sides

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
first class cricket buddy, as in 2 innings each - similar format to test cricket, between first class sides - for example indian, australian, english state/province/county sides
You say "similar format to test cricket". So there is something different between first class Cricket and Test Cricket. What is the difference?

uvelocity

International Coach
number of days played mostly, 4 compared to 5. some other playing conditions can also differ.

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
number of days played mostly, 4 compared to 5. some other playing conditions can also differ.
I remember that England's county Cricket is 4-day length. (Am I right?) However, why do they not play Test? Do players want to take a rest on Friday?

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What gave it away?
What I meant was 44 in an over in that format is nowhere close to that great an achievement as 36 in a proper game :p

HK Sixes are really fun to watch though, still remember how a couple of years back Irfan Ahmed (some of you might remember him from this years T20 WC Qualifiers) had to retire in nearly every single match he played.

karan316

State Vice-Captain
Here's an interesting trivia for all, Jadeja has given away 6 sixes in 6 consecutive deliveries. Can anyone tell when it happened? And yes, it was at the international level.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
What I meant was 44 in an over in that format is nowhere close to that great an achievement as 36 in a proper game :p

HK Sixes are really fun to watch though, still remember how a couple of years back Irfan Ahmed (some of you might remember him from this years T20 WC Qualifiers) had to retire in nearly every single match he played.
Boundaries are still the same length so why is hitting 36 easier in six a side? Is the bowling rank?

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Boundaries are still the same length so why is hitting 36 easier in six a side? Is the bowling rank?
Played on an Astro pitch

4 Fielders (excluding the bowler and WK)

No balls & wides are 2 runs each

Finals has 8 ball overs

And yeah, the Kowloon CC ground is pretty small.