• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

An Extinct Breed ?: Great spin bowling allrounders

aussie tragic

International Captain
Can't believe noone has mentioned Jadeja and Ashwin as spinner allrounders....oh wait they'd barely played the last time this thread was commented on before Redsok dug it back up for no reason

Flem274*

123/5
Vettori was the better bowler, with a lot more variety and trickery... He was also an extremely "underrated" great lower order batsman. The greatest NZ player of all time. He was the heart and soul of the New Zealand cricket team.

It was such a HORSESH*T cricket team and cricket country back then.. that Vettori had to update the NZ cricket websites all by himself as well. Barely got any financial help, or much help on the pitch either. Even as a lower order batsman, he was constantly saving NZ with his batting, then with his bowling.
It was that bad.. If only he could play in today's golden era NZ lineup. If only..
id bench him in asia for ajaz and somerville

he also did all the washing. don't forget that part, and he never wore a box because they didn't come in sizes big enough.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Well this is mostly bull****. Not necesarily the "who is better part" but suggesting that Shakib has had a hard time with conditions bowling spin is hilarious. He's played nearly 80% of his Test cricket in Asia which has been as friendly for spin bowling as ever.
I can easily point out that Keith Miller played 90% of his matches outside Asia which in conducive to pace. And to be worse, India an Pakistan were minnows during those days.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Right now we have Shaky Bull and Jadeja to compete with Stokes and Holder. Given that there are more pacers around than spinners, this is a ripe era for spin bowling all rounders.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just pointing out your flawed argument, yeah it seems I have touched a raw nerve.
You are making absolutely no sense and I don't think you even know what my "argument" was

every time you erroneously perceive the slightest hint of "sOmEoNe sAy sOmEtHiNg bAd aBoUt suBcOnTiNeNt" you lose all ability at coherent thought