• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Future Tour Program

brockley

International Captain
Hendrix CA has released its policy that it only plays England,India and South Africa,wish you luck on that,not likely for another 10 years.And CA released a policy neva eva to play Bangladesh and Zimbabwe.A series just won't happen.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Disappointing that NZ is not playing Australia in the near future, a home series could be pretty exciting.
Haha, don't you love the scheduling in 2015/16 for the NZ v AUS series? Home and away, there are 6 tests and no ODI's or T20's. Yup, that's going to remain unchanged

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
India are hosting WI again later this year? Surely India has to find a different team instead, SL or SA would be so much better.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
India are hosting WI again later this year? Surely India has to find a different team instead, SL or SA would be so much better.
Given the WI tour was hastily planned for Sachin's retirement you would surely think another team would be invited instead, however everyone else is playing ODI series' then with the WC in mind, it would take a bit of re-jigging to get it to work with another team

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Hendrix CA has released its policy that it only plays England,India and South Africa,wish you luck on that,not likely for another 10 years.And CA released a policy neva eva to play Bangladesh and Zimbabwe.A series just won't happen.
yeah, it's pretty crap policy, isn't it. I mean even the Indians are doing their part to play test series against the mid-low ranked teams - hosting WI again later in the year etc.

It's a little frustrating when NZ at the moment is very competitive at home, and Australia is the exact type of mid-ranked team with a less than spectacular top 6 which could be rolled.

Slifer

International Captain
I hope to GOD that if the likes of WI or Pakistan (and NZ) ever become cricketing powerhouses again that they tell the CA to go screw themselves!!

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
yeah, it's pretty crap policy, isn't it. I mean even the Indians are doing their part to play test series against the mid-low ranked teams - hosting WI again later in the year etc.
It's been Australian cricket policy since the dawn of time, hasn't it? I thought the old Chappell-Hadlee series was a successful concept, but even that has been shelved.

The Ashes will quickly lose its lustre if it gets played for continuously.

brockley

International Captain
They are worse now,they are cancelling series thats on the FTB or just playing the one dayers.Nowadays we only play 3 teams,and screw the rest,as an Aussie i find it sad.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I'll be pretty peeved if the November 2015 test series is canceled or reduced, considering that the last series between the two countries was tied.

Flem274*

123/5
Williamson's already a decent player against spin but comes unstuck against anyone above 140.
Match saving ton against SA much?

KW's issue is he's 23-24 years old with the hardest job in world cricket (batting number three below NZ openers) so he's massively inconsistent. Taylor didn't even debut until he was 24. That's a topic for one of the NZ threads though.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Match saving ton against SA much?

KW's issue is he's 23-24 years old with the hardest job in world cricket (batting number three below NZ openers) so he's massively inconsistent. Taylor didn't even debut until he was 24. That's a topic for one of the NZ threads though.
Factually incorrect. Taylor made his debut when he was 23.

And Williamson's problem isn't pace, it's movement. He's too keen to play away from his body irrespective of the state of the match or the pitch. Still our best number 3 since Fleming by a couple of light years.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
One innings in which he was dropped 3 times doesn't mean he doesn't have weaknesses against genuine quick bowlers. He's pretty clearly better at playing spin bowling than he is the quick dudes. I'm just saying that, although it's nice for us to be facing a fair bit of quality spin over the next couple of seasons (we should see Herath, Ajmal, Narine, perhaps Rehman etc), we aren't likely to be facing many quality quicks other than Roach and Junaid.

It'll suck if we come up against Pattinson, Harris, Siddle, Johnson et al having barely faced any fast bowling for 2 years.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I'll be pretty peeved if the November 2015 test series is canceled or reduced, considering that the last series between the two countries was tied.
I'm more concerned about the Feb/Mar 2016 test series. I would be gobsmacked if at least one of the scheduled tests isn't cancelled in order to play a few T20's instead, and I wouldn't be surprised if the whole series was binned to enable a prolonged LO series.

brockley

International Captain
We should be doing our bit.
We have played 1 test vs zimbabwe,and 8 years since a test with bangladesh,series in 18 months likely to be changed to one dayers.
I doubt we will play tests vs NZ,will be cancelled for one dayers.
We only play the big 3 now,the FTB is joke sides are not made to comply,and the top 4 sides just want to play eachother,so other series just get cancelled.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
doesn't help when the lower ranked sides don't even play themselves, SL-WI cancelled last year to make way for that tri-series (which came literally days after the CT!) FTP should be a binding contract

brockley

International Captain
I am surprised Sri Lanka is going to England,the Sri Lankan players will miss half the IPL,That won't do their chances well in the IPL auction.
ICC said teams that don't play enough tests maybe suspended,but with too few teams i see this as an empty threat.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
the SLC is taking a slightly harder line on t20 leagues I think, they recently banned Thisara Perera from playing BBL to concentrate on his fitness and performance back home with longer formats in mind