• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Worst higher level cricket relating decisions

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Langeveldt said:
Here's a new one

The decision of the ICC to give their meaningless Super Series games official status
Did it become meaningless after the event took place or before it ?8-)

Swervy

International Captain
FRAZ said:
Worst cricket relating higher level decisions and the areas which have been neglected.
1 . Ban of Cronje .(Being too harsh on him)
2. If one dayers have been cosisted upon 35 overs instead of 50 it would have been better . I think some other time concious countries would have been playing cricket .
3. Limitation of Bouncers for fast bowlers . When this decision was being made only Imran from Pk and Lloyd from WI opposed .
4. Giving Bangladesh test status.
5. Giving a busy test schedule to Bangladesh.
6. Too many club level teams in the world cups . Its not promotion , its ruining the interest in the game for regular Cricket viewers.I think the best World Cup ever to be staged was 1992 Australia ,Newzealand . It gave so many colours to the one day game , stump cams were introduced and after this world cup people realized the need of the third umpire , and its format was so nice , every team had a fair chance to win .
7. Banning of South Africa from Cricket .
8. Dopping tests introduced very very late.
9. Being too harsh on the fast bowlers upon using abusive language.C'mon they are the real beauty of the game.
10. Not doing any thing to some cricket criminals who deny playing cricket on the political levels or so called terrorism grounds.
11. Only one country has inherited the cricketing rights and which imposes its own funny laws on every other country and infact that country has done nothing significant for the cricket cause, I guess Australia is the pioneer of each and every good introduction in the game .
12. Icc has this D .W . Louis method for rain effected games which is non sense.
13. Not giving 5 test series to kiwis and Pakistanis .
14. Hmm what do you guys think of this first 15 overs rule , does it make any sense.
15. Umpiring standards still need improvements.
16. "Chuk" , why is this there ? where is the root cause of it .
17. One dayers have quantity but not the quality .
18. Should have more indoor stuff regarding cricket .

Keep on adding if more to be included.
i have done these without reading anyone elses

1. You what...he got what he deserved (apart from dying of course)
2. Erm....ok:-O :blink:
3. It used to be out of control, there needed to be something done about it.
4. Possibly, but they are improving as far as I am aware.
5. If you are going to make a team a test team , then they should have a fairly busy schedule along with the other teams
6. I do kind of agree about the 1992 format being good, but then again, any team who gets through to the semis I beleive will have had to played all the major teams anyway, so in reality it isnt too different, apart from a couple of extra games against the minnows
7.banning SA from world cricket was exactly the right thing to do
8.But hey..its happening
9. What is abusive...I have no problems with swaering and a bit of a dig about someones wife or there waistline..but what about racist comments..is that a beauty of the game as well??
10. I dont know what you are talking about to be honest
11. Does England IMPOSE its funny little laws on the game?
12. Suggest a better method then.....it looks to me to be by far the best method that has been used
13. There are hardly any 5 test series these days anyway...and anyway, if there really a demand for them
14. yep, makes sense to me
15. Sisyphus springs to mind....umpires have always made mistakes, there have always been calls for better umpires, things have been done to improve things, umpires still make mistakes, there are calls for better umpires, more things will be done. Short ofgetting rid of them altogether,I cant see what really can be done.
Umpiring standards have always been like this, its just the media scrutinise it a lot more
16. Chucking..what is the root cause???? Its always been around, and it always will be. The root cause is either a physical problem in that thebowler cant help chucking, or its because he is trying to gain an advantage..or it hasnt been picked up on.
17. You are right on that one
18. yeah, why not

FRAZ

International Captain
Swervy said:
i have done these without reading anyone elses

1. You what...he got what he deserved (apart from dying of course)
2. Erm....ok:-O :blink:
3. It used to be out of control, there needed to be something done about it.
4. Possibly, but they are improving as far as I am aware.
5. If you are going to make a team a test team , then they should have a fairly busy schedule along with the other teams
6. I do kind of agree about the 1992 format being good, but then again, any team who gets through to the semis I beleive will have had to played all the major teams anyway, so in reality it isnt too different, apart from a couple of extra games against the minnows
7.banning SA from world cricket was exactly the right thing to do
8.But hey..its happening
9. What is abusive...I have no problems with swaering and a bit of a dig about someones wife or there waistline..but what about racist comments..is that a beauty of the game as well??
10. I dont know what you are talking about to be honest
11. Does England IMPOSE its funny little laws on the game?
12. Suggest a better method then.....it looks to me to be by far the best method that has been used
13. There are hardly any 5 test series these days anyway...and anyway, if there really a demand for them
14. yep, makes sense to me
15. Sisyphus springs to mind....umpires have always made mistakes, there have always been calls for better umpires, things have been done to improve things, umpires still make mistakes, there are calls for better umpires, more things will be done. Short ofgetting rid of them altogether,I cant see what really can be done.
Umpiring standards have always been like this, its just the media scrutinise it a lot more
16. Chucking..what is the root cause???? Its always been around, and it always will be. The root cause is either a physical problem in that thebowler cant help chucking, or its because he is trying to gain an advantage..or it hasnt been picked up on.
17. You are right on that one
18. yeah, why not
World has changed a lot aint it ?