• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What Cricket accessory is worth inventing?

Janowan

Cricket Spectator
Hi everyone! :)

My name is Jan and i am in school for product design.
I am participating a challenge to design an accessory for Cricket - and i want to be honest - i have no clue what players might find useful. :wacko:

Limitations are as follows: "The design should fit into a bounding box of 650 x 330 x 560 mm" and the design will be 3D printed in polyamide plastic, so nothing flexible like a glove for example.

Maybe i could improve an already existing thing or make a cool custom accessory!

I would appreciate any of your suggestions!!

Jan

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
A lightweight banana shaped insert that connects onto the two straps on your arm guard, which allows you to eat a banana in between overs like they do in the Tennis.

karan316

State Vice-Captain
Some of the replies are quite funny, loved it. But I think Jan has asked a really good question which deserves a few serious answers.

Last edited:

ajdude

International Coach
A bat that has a button to retract the blade, similar to a lightsaber. Could be handy if you decide to leave the ball late

jan

State Vice-Captain
Hi fellow Jan!
Id suggest some kind of sleeve-like thingy to keep a bowler's elbow straight. Aka the bane of international spinners.

Athlai

Not Terrible
How about a ball attachment that can be used in conjunction with UDRS? Every time a batsman incorrectly challenges an umpire's decision, the umpire upon denying the review presents the bowling team with a ball guard that is covered in spikes.

That'd teach them.