• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Former NZ cricketers investigated in betting scandal

BackFootPunch

International 12th Man
All over Facebook people have been saying, "oh it's not the IPL? Must be ICL then!" Well, no, it could be the BPL or SLPL or County Cricket or the WIPL or the Big Bash even.

BackFootPunch

International 12th Man
Why would the ICC and the ACSU give two ****s about the ICL? As far as I remember, it was an unsanctioned competition with no connection to either the Indian governing body or the ICC. Sure, any match fixing there is no good, but I don't think it'd be in the jurisdiction of the ICC.

91Jmay

International Coach
Chris Cairns, Lou Vincent and Daryl Tuffey named by the Daily Mail. Heartbroken if Cairns is guilty

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Why would the ICC and the ACSU give two ****s about the ICL? As far as I remember, it was an unsanctioned competition with no connection to either the Indian governing body or the ICC. Sure, any match fixing there is no good, but I don't think it'd be in the jurisdiction of the ICC.
it's still illegal.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
By Christ O'Brien is a dick. For a man with so many skeletons in his own closet, he's certainly very quick to point a judging finger at Cairns and SKY, presumably because he had his feelings hurt by his stint there when no one wanted to give him the time of day.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
By Christ O'Brien is a dick. For a man with so many skeletons in his own closet, he's certainly very quick to point a judging finger at Cairns and SKY, presumably because he had his feelings hurt by his stint there when no one wanted to give him the time of day.
What did O'Brien say?

Vincent and Tuffey huh - well at least it's not Bond since we're talking ICL. Cairns has obv already been discussed on this issue with the Modi case.

Last edited:

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
What did O'Brien say?

Vincent and Tuffey huh - well at least it's not Bond since we're talking ICL. Cairns has obv already been discussed on this issue with the Modi case.
Something along the lines of 'the elephant in the room at SKY just became the ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM'.

I would've thought a former NZ Test cricketer who 'apparently' is so passionate about his country and the sanctity of honesty and integrity would sooner tweet about his sorrow and disappointment in the news rather than launch into pithy speculation and seemingly rejoice as he has.

He really needs to shut up, pronto.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Maybe he's already gone the through sorrow and disappointment and sees no need to repeat past feelings

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Something along the lines of 'the elephant in the room at SKY just became the ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM'.

I would've thought a former NZ Test cricketer who 'apparently' is so passionate about his country and the sanctity of honesty and integrity would sooner tweet about his sorrow and disappointment in the news rather than launch into pithy speculation and seemingly rejoice as he has.

He really needs to shut up, pronto.
Maybe he's already gone the through sorrow and disappointment and sees no need to repeat past feelings
I guess he strongly suspects there's been something fishy going on and is pleased people might get their comeuppance... it's still a bad look to air his apparent glee though.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah I can take a few judgemental comments, even before anything's been proven, but the gleefulness is a bit yuck.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Absolutely, he'd be well within his rights to judge. But to take glee out of it, and pander to a few ninnys on Twitter that might think 'wow Iain sure knows what is going on' is a bit lame.

The tweet yesterday was worse, where he said anyone who thinks NZ players don't do it is naive. That tars everyone and is sensationalist crap that the media was always going to jump on.