• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Should ICC and other boards boycott BCCI?

karan316

State Vice-Captain
True it will not be a great thing financially, but I don't think any particular board should have authority over the other.
I know a lot of things are blown out of proportion and sometimes BCCI is blamed unnecessarily, but there have been a lot of wrongdoings by BCCI which have had a bad effect on the game. The question for ICC and other boards is, is it correct to place more emphasis on money rather than the keeping things clean and fair?

I don't think other boards or ICC are as weak as they pretend to be. They are rather choosing easier routes than taking some strict actions.

Last edited:

Langeveldt

Soutie
Of course.. I'd love to see a global game that doesn't involve India or the IPL.. Will never happen though, money talks at the end of the day

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Of course.. I'd love to see a global game that doesn't involve India or the IPL.. Will never happen though, money talks at the end of the day
Just wondering how many times this was said when the English and Aussie boards controlled the whole thing back in the day. When some had to whimper "Please try and send us your full side this time". Every country has their own T20 domestic tourney with international players, but hey, let's bag on IPL, and not the whole culture.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
I threw a tantrum on my blog sometime ago about how out of place the ICC's structure is and that Associate Cricket should think about pulling out if they really want to become strong. That its India drunk on the ridiculous power that such a small group has over everyone else is in the ICC more incidental than anything else. I do not see another Cricket board, full member or otherwise resisting the temptation to abuse suck huge influence.

karan316

State Vice-Captain
I think the main issue is that there is constant moaning about BCCI flexing its muscles and using its power,etc. But no one actually tries to take some tough decisions.
When there is a chance to cry and make noise about BCCI being unfair, people will grab every single opportunity. But apart from that, nothing much is done.
There was a time when BCCI didn't have that much money, how did things work out at that time?
The truth is that a lot of boards and ICC want to look at monetary benefits only. And they pretend that they are weak and controlled by BCCI, etc. which is actually rubbish.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I threw a tantrum on my blog sometime ago about how out of place the ICC's structure is and that Associate Cricket should think about pulling out if they really want to become strong.
And how exactly would that be funded? Magic beans?

91Jmay

International Coach
I think the main issue is that there is constant moaning about BCCI flexing its muscles and using its power,etc. But no one actually tries to take some tough decisions.
When there is a chance to cry and make noise about BCCI being unfair, people will grab every single opportunity. But apart from that, nothing much is done.
There was a time when BCCI didn't have that much money, how did things work out at that time?
The truth is that a lot of boards and ICC want to look at monetary benefits only. And they pretend that they are weak and controlled by BCCI, etc. which is actually rubbish.
Yeah I agree with this 100%. Boards LOVE the fact they can do nothing, hiding behind the "they control everything, what can we do?" bull**** whilst still raking in the big $$$.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Just wondering how many times this was said when the English and Aussie boards controlled the whole thing back in the day. When some had to whimper "Please try and send us your full side this time". Every country has their own T20 domestic tourney with international players, but hey, let's bag on IPL, and not the whole culture.
I think we should bring back the good old days of the veto and give it to the BCCI. You know, fair is fair.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Unfortunately no, they just have to put up with it and hope the BCCI eventually stops being a ****.

brockley

International Captain
They won;t.
@81 % of the income no way,every board is struggling to balance the books,CA you think is rich well no the paycheck for Aussie players does not come cheap and we're 5th.

karan316

State Vice-Captain
"It's quite fashionable in recent times to blame India for arrogance in their administration, and I would have to say that I agree with those feelings. But equally, I feel that the rest of the countries, particularly the major nations, are equally to blame, because none of them have stood up to India, and if you're not going to stand up to India, then I don't think you can criticise India for the way they are administering the game,"
"I think what the game needs is some strong and impartial leadership, and at the moment I think what it's getting is weak and self-interested leadership. Is it a game or is it a business? It needs a happy balance. It needs to take the middle ground somewhere."
- Ian Chappell

Ian Chappell slams International Cricket Council, cricket Boards for doing little against corruption | Cricket - News | NDTVSports.com

Last edited: