• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Zimbabwean Domestic Season 2013/14

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Oh man, last week I was going to make a joke about grabbing a flight over and trying to get a game for one of the sides, but figured it was a bit of a stretch even with no players and no payment since I'm literally the most amateur of park players.

After 29* on Saturday and the Mountaineers not getting an XI, that joke doesn't seem so unreasonable.
Aren't black enough.

brockley

International Captain
Rhinos v Rocks
Match cancelled without a ball bowled
Mountaineers v Eagles
Match cancelled without a ball bowled

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
A bit of good news for once to lighten the mood:

Heath Streak Academy becomes operational in Bulawayo - Times Of India

MANGALORE: The Heath Streak Academy in Bulawayo, Zimbabawe is up and running. The academy threw open its doors to budding, aspiring and upcoming professional cricketers from Bulawayo and across Zimbabwe on Monday. The opening of the academy has been timed during the school holidays with the sole aim to draw cricket enthusiasts to take up this opportunity to be part of this historic cricket moment.

Disclosing this in an e-mail, Mangalorean born Joseph Rego, who is CEO and managing director of the Academy told TOI, "I had a vision. Dreaming big has always been my passion. Today my dream has turned into reality. The first bowl at the academy is set for December 16 and contractors have worked round the clock to make sure that the world class facility is ready for their inaugural holiday training programme."

Rego with his long time friend and business partner Heath Streak whom he has represented as his sports agent for 14 long years said, "The cricket side of things gets underway on December 16. The facility is undergoing major facelift to meet Streak's vision of establishing a world class multi sports facility in Bulawayo that nurtures and identifies talent unparalleled to any other sporting facility in entire Africa," he said.

Rego also announced that former Zimbabwean national cricketer Gavin Ewing who has been appointed head coach will head a level 2 and 3 coaching team with elite level of coaching experience in Charles Coventry, John Nyumbu and Godwill Mamhiyo who will impart professional cricket training to young cricketers, who will hopefully turn out to be in the next three to five years become cricket stars of note from African continent.

Streak aims to identify and nurture players who will be enter the International stage five years from now. Happy to be able to share the knowledge he has gained in the past 20 years as player and a coach with the young cricket players, Streak says, "What we want is to produce players who will manage to break into the Matabeleland Tuskers franchisee squad and even go on to be members of the national team."

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Domestic T20 comp postponed to a later date due to non-payment resulting in players continuing their strike, though ZC claim they'll be paying players soon.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah they've arranged sponsorship which makes prompt payment more likely, although by no means guaranteed. Sponsors could well pull out now with the delay which makes it a bit Catch 22 as well.

Last edited:

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Lay's were (and are still) apparently very close to pulling their sponsorship, so that money was hardly guaranteed irrespective of the T20 comp's postponement.

I think they're holding out for an additional ICC loan or something.

brockley

International Captain
I thought the players we're to be paid,obviously past the deadline,ZCU lost the money no probably gone into Chingok'as and Bvutes' coffers.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I thought the players we're to be paid,obviously past the deadline,ZCU lost the money no probably gone into Chingok'as and Bvutes' coffers.
The money was to come from a new sponsorship deal, which hasn't come through yet and in fact might not come through at all now.

brockley

International Captain
ICC given a loan to to do with the big 3,but wheres' the cash,heard there was an audit to come,gather that will be forgotten about.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
ICC given a loan to to do with the big 3,but wheres' the cash,heard there was an audit to come,gather that will be forgotten about.
The loan hasn't cleared yet. It was subject to the audit; I believe it's been approved now but it hasn't cleared.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
5/36 for Sean Williams in the Logan Cup today. Definitely the best thing to happen this season; really looked to have improved his bowling in the World T20 when I saw him bowl actually.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
5/36 for Sean Williams in the Logan Cup today. Definitely the best thing to happen this season; really looked to have improved his bowling in the World T20 when I saw him bowl actually.
Who actually had Williams?

ajdude

International Coach
there's a Wellington Masakadza? did their parents name their children after where they were conceived or something? doesn't explain shingirai though