• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Zimbabwean Domestic Season 2013/14

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Are there literally no sponsors? Don't the state sides at least have their own minor sponsors? No player wages? Crazy.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Are there literally no sponsors? Don't the state sides at least have their own minor sponsors? No player wages? Crazy.
There are literally no sponsors for the tournament. The franchises do have their own minor sponsors I believe which is where the very limited players contracts are coming from, but for pretty much all the players not on ZC contracts, it's probably not going to be a full-time job this season.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Man that's so ****.

Good on the BCCI for touring and helping them generate sufficient revenue to carry on with this season. :ph34r:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Good on the BCCI for touring and helping them generate sufficient revenue to carry on with this season. :ph34r:
I know you're taking the piss, but AWTA. Playing India at home is literally the only profitable cricket Zimbabwe play; everything else actually runs at a loss. So vital for them.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Rainsford 13-8-11-1

From an outswing bowler capable of bowling mid 130s ftr, so it's unlikely he's just putting it there.

I really do wonder who exactly he pissed off sometimes.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
50 up for Vermeulen on his return to Mashonaland.

I wonder if he still holds out any hope for a Test recall. I still straight up think he should be in the T20I side.
I think his history of being somewhat crazy wouldn't endear him to selectors taking him on an overseas tour, nor would benefit dressing room harmony (insofar as that exists in Zimbabwean cricket) all that much. Hard to see him coming back.

This tournament sounds like such a mess though. Shame, because Zimbabwean cricket had such potential.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I think his history of being somewhat crazy wouldn't endear him to selectors taking him on an overseas tour, nor would benefit dressing room harmony (insofar as that exists in Zimbabwean cricket) all that much. Hard to see him coming back.
He's actually already had one comeback post-craziness though. Didn't bother them then, and I don't think anyone would say he's gotten any worse since then as such.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Mupariwa takes 5/46; surprised he wasn't used more yesterday after taking those two new ball wickets.

89 for Panyangara batting eight in the same game, heh. Can definitely see every ZC centrally contracted player becoming an allrounder this season.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Seems crazy that the gulf in quality has opened up so quickly. I mean, sure, bowlers work on their batting a lot more then in previous years, but former bunnies shouldn't become all-rounders that quickly.

Sounds like the sides are 5-man teams, with the rest solely making up the numbers. Not good signs at all.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Seems crazy that the gulf in quality has opened up so quickly. I mean, sure, bowlers work on their batting a lot more then in previous years, but former bunnies shouldn't become all-rounders that quickly.

Sounds like the sides are 5-man teams, with the rest solely making up the numbers. Not good signs at all.
Very few players are actually debuting this round, so I'm probably exaggerating things slightly, and Panyangara was someone identified with batting (or at least, slogging) talent as a kid before it kind of fell away, so it's not that surprising that he scored some runs at #8 I suppose.

I think what I'm saying is typified a bit by the fact that Tawanda Mupariwa is batting five this round, though. I mean, really? He batted six in the one dayer a few days ago too but I held out hope of it being some sort of pinch hitting role. Doesn't look to be case.
He's not even a centrally contracted player; must've been really seeing them well in the nets to get that sort of random promotion...

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I should mention, to add irony to what was basically "become an allrounder week", Zimbabwe's actual Test allrounder Elton Chigumbura decided he cbf bowling.

Mupariwa batted five, Panyangara hit 89, Raza Butt bowled plenty, Williams bowled plenty, Chibhabha bowled, Waller bowled, but Elton cbf.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Apparently the Eagles strongly considered debuting a 15 year old in this week's game. I'd be surprised if he didn't feature at some point this season. His name is Nick Welch; he's a batsman.

SeamUp

International Coach