• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan v Sri Lanka in UAE 2013/14

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Mahela the first retirement of 2014? He's been poor for a while now
Yeah I remember looking at his reverse cumulative averages when trying to debunk the "Taylor is the best #4" thing and he's averaging 34 since the start of 2011 or something. It's gone pretty unnoticed by us here too. He'd be lucky to make my World Fourth XI at the moment.

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah I remember looking at his reverse cumulative averages when trying to debunk the "Taylor is the best #4" thing and he's averaging 34 since the start of 2011 or something. It's gone pretty unnoticed by us here too. He'd be lucky to make my World Fourth XI at the moment; he should've gone and like Thilan carry on instead.
Was so, so glad Thilan got two hundreds against Steyn and Philander in SA before going out. Hope Mahela does something similar in upcoming overseas tours. I love watching him bat even though he's obviously a chump when the ball moves

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
yeah i remember looking at his reverse cumulative averages when trying to debunk the "taylor is the best #4" thing and he's averaging 34 since the start of 2011 or something. It's gone pretty unnoticed by us here too. He'd be lucky to make my world fourth xi at the moment.
finally finally finally ::D

archie mac

International Coach
Three Tests in the year? SL cricket board, hang your head.

The players keep saying how they think it the No.1 form of the game and only player power can stop the slide. Or are the fans just not interested in Test cricket on the sub continent?

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Three Tests in the year? SL cricket board, hang your head.

The players keep saying how they think it the No.1 form of the game and only player power can stop the slide. Or are the fans just not interested in Test cricket on the sub continent?
For most fans yes..definitely the issue in Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh.

smash84

The Tiger King
Bilawal Bhatti happened......he still deserves the flak though

of course then a Junaid 5fer happened too

archie mac

International Coach
For most fans yes..definitely the issue in Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh.
A pity I can't relate. Surely every thing that is good about the game is here in Test matches. Actual batting skill and not just hitting sixes on a road.

Even this with the batsman farming the strike is fascinating and just can't happen in 20-20

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
A pity I can't relate. Surely every thing that is good about the game is here in Test matches. Actual batting skill and not just hitting sixes on a road.

Even this with the batsman farming the strike is fascinating and just can't happen in 20-20
Preaching to the choir here on CricketWeb really; they played ODIs and T20s before the Tests on this tour and for some matches there were literally no posts in this thread. Day 1 of the first Test and it's pumpin'. You're in the right place.