• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan v Sri Lanka in UAE 2013/14

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Was a bit of an upset, but mainly because we didn't realise before the series that the Sri Lankan quicks were going to be so effective and that their new opening combination was going to work so well. You never know which Pakistan is going to show up before a series so it's hard to evaluate who should be favourites sometimes. While Pak-SL series' are usually close the home ground advantage has been pivotal in the last few, so I'd say it was a minor upset all things considered.

The main upset for me was how it happened, not the final scoreline

smash84

The Tiger King
I'd agree Pak were favourites at the start of the series but calling it a massive upset is pushing it. Pakistan had Ajmal, Sri Lanka had Herath. Sri Lanka had no one as good as Junaid but otherwise Pakistan's back up bowlers were hardly flash. Sri Lanka had a better wicket-keeper batsman and Mahela Sanga probably cancel YK Misbah out, Mathews is better than anyone not named YK or Misbah in the Pak side so I really don't see how this is a big upset. Pakistan have won one test against Aus in a decade and a half or something so I wouldn't use a series loss to Aus against SL....SL drew a test series vs NZ, that is alright...Pak drew one vs Zimbabwe! Sri lanka's form has been poor sure, but Pakistan haven't won a series in 2 years as well so it isn't like they were in great form.
I agree with you actually. And which is why I earlier pointed that thankfully Whatmore is gone. He took over JUST AFTER the series against England that Pakistan had won.