Page 53 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: ***Official*** Pakistan v Sri Lanka in UAE 2013/14

International Coach Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximas View Post
    wow
    Maximas did you enjoy Herath's century?

International Captain OverratedSanity's Avatar
    **** this ****. I sat through Lanka going at 2 an over but missed the final day. FML

Amazing, amazing win.... Great way to bid farewell to Whatmore. And Misbah ... What a man. He is cricket jesus

Well done Pakistan, brilliant. Serves SL right for batting so negatively. Was the spinner on debut injured or did Angelo just not have any confidence?

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OverratedSanity View Post
    **** this ****. I sat through Lanka going at 2 an over but missed the final day. FML
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

State Vice-Captain
    Sri Lanka's gamesmanship doesn't surprise me. They've indulged in it a fair bit since the advent of people like Sangakkara and Jayawardena, who only escape scrutiny because of their supposed erudition. Also, I completely disagree with posters empathizing with their craven tactics towards the end. Nobody wants to lose, sure, but trying to deprive the opposition of the most fundamental opportunity at winning is unacceptable and on the same level as the underarm incident.

Disagree but completely understand your point of view.

The best example ever was Ishant bringing out two right handed gloves during the Monkeygate Sydney test
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

State Vice-Captain
    lol seeing the way's he's been bowling ever since that tour, I'm not sure that was entirely intentional.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Nationaux View Post
    Maximas did you enjoy Herath's century?
    I've seen better

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnodouche View Post
    Sri Lanka's gamesmanship doesn't surprise me. They've indulged in it a fair bit since the advent of people like Sangakkara and Jayawardena, who only escape scrutiny because of their supposed erudition. Also, I completely disagree with posters empathizing with their craven tactics towards the end. Nobody wants to lose, sure, but trying to deprive the opposition of the most fundamental opportunity at winning is unacceptable and on the same level as the underarm incident.
    While trying not to lose is fraught with danger I don't see how it's some sort of sporting sin, the underarm incident comparison I really don't see tbh
    RIP Phillip Hughes (1988-2014)

it's disgusting and pathetic.

I don't care how much you hate losing. That's how children behave and these are grown men.

It's only a game after all. It's not the opposition's problem that you don't like losing, and it's not the spectators'. Sometimes you have to put up with things that you don't like. Welcome to adulthood.

State Vice-Captain
    They shouldn't have batted like chumps throughout the game if they hated losing so much. They dug their own grave and started moaning when it was time to go lie in it. Make no effort to advance the game and then throw fits when the opposition shows some fight and turns the tables. Disgusting is the only way to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by hendrix View Post
    I don't care how much you hate losing. That's how children behave and these are grown men.
    Considering most professional cricketers who are grown men actually would do what SL have done, not sure this is true.

I can see how people hate the gamesmanship. But SL were most certainly not in the minority of teams that would have done it.

Where SL are in the minority is that they are probably the only team who would have had a captain with such **** tactics. Like out and out ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Considering most professional cricketers who are grown men actually would do what SL have done, not sure this is true.
    That just means they're all childish ****s.

Hated it when Cook and Broad did it at various points. Hated it when Clarke did it. Hated it when India does it. They're all giant babies as far as I'm concerned.

Before someone says "oh but it cuts into their earnings! you can't blame people for cynical behaviour when it's their livelihood" yes I damn well can. And they still get paid anyway.

a huge WELL DONE to Pakistan on a fantastic win, which they thoroughly deserved. The simple fact is that our bowlers let us down. We should have been able to defend 301 in two sessions but we didnt and fair play to Pakistan for chasing it down. I have to say that i am not pleased with our players behaviour towards the end and agree thatit was not sporting at all. I would have expected some o fthe seniors to advise Mathews on this and stop it..still he will learn from this. Whilst i am very disappointed at losing this test and the series, i have to say that after so long away from test match cricket, if someone offered me a drawn test series before it started, i would have bitten their hand off.Lets not forget that our opponents are the team that just returned from SA after beating them in their own backyard(which is no mean feat). The positives for me from this tour were that some of our youngsters finally stood up to be counted and showed the world what we know in Sri Lanka, that our future is not a bleak as some would suggest. Again, well done Pakistan, you deserved this win and as for Dav, proves my statements to my many Pakistani friends that he is an awesome coach..Would have loved to have him come back to us tbh...
    "Play Hard but play fair..."

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by YorksLanka View Post
    . Again, well done Pakistan, you deserved this win and as for Dav, proves my statements to my many Pakistani friends that he is an awesome coach..Would have loved to have him come back to us tbh...
    Sorry, but this proves nothing.

Coaches are over-rated, unless they are Gary Kirsten.
    ~ Do you think I care for you so little that betraying me would make a difference ~

Thread Information