• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan v Sri Lanka in UAE 2013/14

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh wow, Kusal Perera is amazing to watch when he's on song, SL waltzing to an easy win at this stage

salman85

International Debutant
Great game in the end.Anwar bowled very well.

Very happy with Pakistan's performance in the series.The batting looked solid,the bowling was good and even the two matches we didnt win went down to the wire.Hafeez's form is back which is wonderfull.

Hopefully we continue it in the Test Matches.

Last edited:

karan316

State Vice-Captain
Dear Mr A Mathews,

Please don't waste a talent like Mendis with your weird and sometimes even more weird captaincy and selections.

With cold regards,
A cricket enthusiast.
:)Hope Mendis has given you a reminder of what I said in today's match Mr. Mathews.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
If anybody line A. Mendis he can have him. I will never give him a place in my playing XI. Too stubborn to learn.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Am I the only neutral cricket fan seriously looking forward to this test series?

Will be good to see some Chandimal vs. Ajmal action.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Am I the only neutral cricket fan seriously looking forward to this test series?
I look forward to every Test series, so no. :p

The very fact that they haven't played each other in a while makes it interesting within itself, but there's also the fact that Pakistan are at such a crossroads at the moment. This will be a big test to see if they can push forward to truly joining the dogfight for #2 with India, England and Australia or if they're more likely to drop back into the group below with SL, NZ and WI. They really should win this series given it's a home against an inferior side but losing a Test to Zimbabwe and then beating South Africa in a Test soon after underscores their unpredictability.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
FMD I forgot about that Zimbabwe test loss :laugh:
Zimbabwe had a massive first innings lead in the Test Pakistan won too. Only a Younis Khan second innings double stood between them and a 2-0 series win.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yep just checked the scorecards of both tests to remind me. I remember mocking some Pakistani mates so I was following the series. Just slipped my mind that they actually lost the test.

So good that Misbah was left stranded not out in the loss to Zimbabwe too. Just sums up the **** he must deal with on a daily basis as captain of that team.

smash84

The Tiger King
yeah, pak lost zim and then beat SA next up, and then lost to SA falling to Imran Tahir of all ppl :wacko:

smash84

The Tiger King
why are Pakistan only playing with 1 frontline spinner i.e. Ajmal? :wacko:

Before others jump on me Hafeez isn't really a frontline spinner

smash84

The Tiger King
and Bilawal Bhatti has been given a test cap?

I am not sure if BB has the skills to be a good test match bowler. The only good delivery that I have seen him bowl is the bouncer and that too on the quick SA surfaces.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
and Bilawal Bhatti has been given a test cap?

I am not sure if BB has the skills to be a good test match bowler. The only good delivery that I have seen him bowl is the bouncer and that too on the quick SA surfaces.
Poor man's Mohammad Sami. With a bit of batting.

I like him, but yeah, don't see him being a Test success.

Xuhaib

International Coach
I look forward to every Test series, so no. :p

The very fact that they haven't played each other in a while makes it interesting within itself, but there's also the fact that Pakistan are at such a crossroads at the moment. This will be a big test to see if they can push forward to truly joining the dogfight for #2 with India, England and Australia or if they're more likely to drop back into the group below with SL, NZ and WI. They really should win this series given it's a home against an inferior side but losing a Test to Zimbabwe and then beating South Africa in a Test soon after underscores their unpredictability.
I doubt Pakistan can be involved in the dog fight for the # 2 spot. There is to much reliance on Misbah, Younis & Ajmal all 3 in the last couple of seasons of their cricket it looked good for a while when Hafeez,Azhar and Asad were all contributing bit the team has regressed in the last year I feel in contrast to the odi side which is shaping nicely. Apart from Junaid there is no top class pacer on the horizon while the WK situation is as bad as it was when Kamran Akmal was finally relieved.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I doubt Pakistan can be involved in the dog fight for the # 2 spot. There is to much reliance on Misbah, Younis & Ajmal all 3 in the last couple of seasons of their cricket it looked good for a while when Hafeez,Azhar and Asad were all contributing bit the team has regressed in the last year I feel in contrast to the odi side which is shaping nicely. Apart from Junaid there is no top class pacer on the horizon while the WK situation is as bad as it was when Kamran Akmal was finally relieved.
Yep, fully agree with all those issues Pakistan have, which is why they're nowhere near being able to challenge South Africa for #1 any time soon. However, India, Australia and England all have serious issues too, particularly away from home. Pakistan are fully capable of entering that dog fight if they show some more clinical ruthlessness against the other mid to lower ranked teams at home.