• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan v Sri Lanka in UAE 2013/14

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think the true meaning of Christmas is watching Pakistan-Lanka on a dodgy stream:cool:

ajdude

International Coach
if (unlikely) these two (especially mathews) bats the 50 they'll be looking at 260+, i can see them losing wickets at the other end though and scrambling to 220

salman85

International Debutant
And that is the series.comfortable win.

3 centuries in 4 matches. top form by Hafeez.Top form by Pakistan.

Merry Christmas to smalishah and his intense everpresent bout of Pakistan cricket hate even when the players do well and win :)

salman85

International Debutant
While everyone raves on about Hafeez,i think Gul deserves credit too.He's been out with injuries for a while and he's made a very impressive comeback.

I don't think the test squad has been announced yet,but Gul should be included.

Last edited:

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
While everyone raves on about Hafeez,i think Gul deserves credit too.He's been out with injuries for a while and he's made a very impressive comeback.

I don't think the test squad has been announced yet,but Gul should be included.
Nonsense the guy can play ODIs, he's decent at that, but you've got plenty of wicket-taking Test bowlers with real pace, swing and bounce, give them a go, and don't keep with the utterly beige Gul.

salman85

International Debutant
No.

The decent wicket taking quicks we have are Junaid and Irfan.Sohail Tanvir and Wahab Riaz are useless in every format.I wouldn't select them in our T20 team let alone the the Test Squad.

With Irfan out Injured,it leaves us with Junaid and Gul,and an untested Bilawal.He looks promising so i think he deserves a chance in the test matches.The bowling line should consist of Gul,Junaid,Ajmal and Bilawal OR Gul,Junaid,Ajmal and one of Zulfiqar or Rehman.

With Irfan out, not being fit enough for a test match is the only reason that should stop Gul from playing.He hasn't been good in the longer formats compared to the shorter ones,but he is still much MUCH better than Sohail and Wahab.

Last edited:

karan316

State Vice-Captain
Dear Mr A Mathews,

Please don't waste a talent like Mendis with your weird and sometimes even more weird captaincy and selections.

With cold regards,
A cricket enthusiast.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I just saw the Pakistan team for this game. Man, longest tail I've seen in a very, very long time. I know Anwar has a First Class ton, but god.

Completely unnecessary when your #3 batsman is ranked #12 in the world as a bowler as well. I even think the tail is unnecessarily long when Afridi occupies that position, and they've replaced Afridi with a bowler. Madness!

Last edited:

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Neither side particularly gives a **** tbf, Sri Lanka have made a few early breakthroughs, but this partnership will decide the fate of the innings, the lack of penetration in this bowling line-up could easily be Sri Lanka's undoing once again today

91Jmay

International Coach
Interesting Hafeez fact in this series 1st Odi.Muhammad Hafeez 122 1+2+2=5 2nd Odi.Muhammad Hafeez 32 3+2=5 3rd Odi.Muhammad Hafeez 140 1+4+0=5 4th Odi.Muhamad Hafeez 113 1+1+3=5 5th Odi Muhammad Hafeez 41 4+1=5

Lifted from Cricinfo comments. Marginally more interesting than this ODI series and its not very interesting.