• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan v Sri Lanka in UAE 2013/14

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
No wonder nobody is posting the first ball of the game was Suranga ****ing Lakma to some n00b (admittedly with a quality List A record and he's going ok here).

Does Senanayake still chuck it?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I cbf figuring out how to watch this but I'm expecting a full report of how my boi Maqsood went after his innings.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Interesting that Kulasakara wasn't selected here, I think the selectors have realised he's a liability in conditions that give him nothing, because he bowls at a nice hitting pace and pitches it up

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Interesting that Kulasakara wasn't selected here, I think the selectors have realised he's a liability in conditions that give him nothing, because he bowls at a nice hitting pace and pitches it up
I think he's a better bowler than Perera in dead conditions though, and he's shown he's just as useful with the bat in recent times.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Solid start from the Sri Lankans here, this dynamic opening combination have done the right thing, keeping wickets in hand while not falling too far behind the rate, the jury is still well and truly out about Perera being international standard, however he seems pretty settled in SC conditions against ODI bowlers, and he showed some promise in Aus so I think he's worth persisting with.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Despite already seeing the highlights, I still demand my report.
his best knock till date severe on the spinners and picked Malinga slower ball/yorkers wel like the lad but bigging a Pakistani young batsman is like hyping an Indian fast bowler you known 10 times out of 9 they will blow cold after a season. So far I feel he could be our best odi batsman since Mo Yo not sure he will amount to much in test cricket.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Am I just imagining the fact that he looks completely and utterly gun or is there hype among the fans on PakPassion? I haven't been there since they last played Zimbabwe. :p

salman85

International Debutant
He looks brilliant.What i like most is that despite being naturally aggressive, he's not reckless like Umar Akmal.Times the ball wonderfully and always looks in control of things.The fact that he's made his debut at a relatively late age by Pakistani standards is also good.Has a solid first class record behind him and comes across as a pretty mature batsman.Plus,doing well against the likes of Steyn n co in a time when every other batsman was getting owned shows that you do have tons of ability.

My cousin plays first class cricket and he was always going on about how good Maqsood is.Early days yes,but the signs are very encouraging.

Last edited:

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
The difference was fielding. We fielded like Pakistan. Given the lack of talent pool we have, fielding has to be up there to compensate. In the days we won that world cup, we were challenging SAF & AUS on our good days in the field.

Last edited: