• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan v Sri Lanka in UAE 2013/14

BeeGee

International Captain
Wow... just wow. Reckon SL will bat through the first session tomorrow at the very least. Is the pitch turning at all?
I hope they don't, but that's just because I want to see a close finish. :p

Dangle a carrot, give Pakistan a slim chance of pulling off the case.

Great game.

salman85

International Debutant
Very dissapointed :/

But full credit to the SL batsmen.They've managed to rescue SL and put them in a position where they won't lose the game.I don't think they will declare early tomorrow.They will probably want to put on another 100-150 odd runs to put the match completely out of Pakistan's reach,and by that time enough time would have passed to ensure that both teams play out a draw.Don't see a result happening here.It was Pakistan's game to win,and they didn't.I don't think winning the match was ever on Mathew's mind when Pakistan took the 170 odd lead.The aim would have been to survive the 4th day and not lose,which they have done really well.The only way we will see a result IMO,is if Pakistan bowl out SL in the first hour or so tomorrow and then chase a target of 250-260 odd,but with the way SL are batting,i don't think they will collapse.

Sets up the next 2 matches brilliantly however.Two very evenly matched teams with all to play for.

Last edited:

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Rahat is getting some late movement. I wouldn't mind seeing Misbah stick with this ball for a while. Just need to pitch it up a bit imo.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
302 to win with 2 and a bit sessions to go. 10 overs roo late imo. Really wish Pakistan would go for a win here but I doubt it.

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
302 to win with 2 and a bit sessions to go. 10 overs roo late imo. Really wish Pakistan would go for a win here but I doubt it.
Serve up a few juicy pies to give them a sniff.

Looks like thats the plan, this Lakmal character averages 65, no doubt is a rank part timer.

smash84

The Tiger King
There is no way in hell Pakistan are going to score 302 in a day, let alone chase it in 2.5 sessions

salman85

International Debutant
Good stuff.Pakistan playing positive cricket.dont expect us to win though as the run rate will slowdown and we will go defensive when a wicket or two falls,but pushing for a win would be nice.Draw most likely.

When was the last time a side won chasing a total of 300 on the last day alone, btw?

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Still gotta give credit where it's due to Matthews and co. Batting out 2 days to save a match is never easy, even on a flat one like this.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Changes next test: Rehman for Rahat and despite his 100 against Steyn and Philander I don't want to see Manzoor ever again the ****e was handling Lakmal today as if he is facing Anderson at Trent Bridge.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah Azhar should be opening the batting, especially if it's to the point where he's not even in the side otherwise. Silly stuff.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Was not sure Mathews had it in him. What a test, really led from the front.
In the second NZ test last year that we won, Matthews actually looked the most compact player in their team. He has good technique. Will be interesting to see if he carries on because 44 is a pretty good average for a number 6.