Cricket Player Manager
Page 11 of 55 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: ***Official*** Pakistan v Sri Lanka in UAE 2013/14

This is huge from Pakistan.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Cricket Web Staff Member archie mac's Avatar
    Three Tests in the year? SL cricket board, hang your head.

The players keep saying how they think it the No.1 form of the game and only player power can stop the slide. Or are the fans just not interested in Test cricket on the sub continent?
    You know it makes sense.

International Debutant Black_Warrior's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by archie mac View Post
    Three Tests in the year? SL cricket board, hang your head.

The players keep saying how they think it the No.1 form of the game and only player power can stop the slide. Or are the fans just not interested in Test cricket on the sub continent?
    For most fans yes..definitely the issue in Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh.

holy ****, what happened here? last i checked SL were 1/60 and doing fine
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

forever 63*

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Bilawal Bhatti happened......he still deserves the flak though

of course then a Junaid 5fer happened too
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Warrior View Post
    For most fans yes..definitely the issue in Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh.
    A pity I can't relate. Surely every thing that is good about the game is here in Test matches. Actual batting skill and not just hitting sixes on a road.

Even this with the batsman farming the strike is fascinating and just can't happen in 20-20

A pity I can't relate. Surely every thing that is good about the game is here in Test matches. Actual batting skill and not just hitting sixes on a road.

Even this with the batsman farming the strike is fascinating and just can't happen in 20-20
    Preaching to the choir here on CricketWeb really; they played ODIs and T20s before the Tests on this tour and for some matches there were literally no posts in this thread. Day 1 of the first Test and it's pumpin'. You're in the right place.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09

Quote Originally Posted by John Singleton
    Recognition of Property Rights in material objects is the recognition of a manís right to exist; his right to pursue his own goals in his own manner at his own discretion with what is rightfully his to command. Just as the Right to Life is the right to the property of oneís own person, so the right to own material products is the right to sustain oneís life and to keep the results of oneís own efforts.

wow...matthews has a third of the SL score to his credit..

Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    wow...matthews has a third of the SL score to his credit..
    He's still got nothing on my uncle Charles.
    Last edited by Prince EWS; 31-12-2013 at 05:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Preaching to the choir here on CricketWeb really; they played ODIs and T20s before the Tests on this tour and for some matches there were literally no posts in this thread. Day 1 of the first Test and it's pumpin'. You're in the right place.
    Well I don't want confrontation and know I'm pretty safe on CW

Was just hoping someone from the sub continent could tell me what the feel is and if Test cricket is as good as dead there. I think the theory that 20-20 would attract new fans to Test cricket is just not happening.
    Last edited by archie mac; 31-12-2013 at 04:31 AM.

Neither can I. Afridi is the most popular cricketer among young Pakistani fans. How sad is that.

Neither can I. Afridi is the most popular cricketer among young Pakistani fans. How sad is that.
    Always so fun to troll on Cricinfo's Facebook group. They always assume I'm Indian at first because someone who didn't irrationally hate Pakistan would obviously never think Afridi was a mediocre, over-celebrated hack of a player.

haha, he does have charisma but it can't be easy to be a Test fan if they hardly play a match.

it's funny cricketers don't seem to be treated like demigods in Pakistan like they are in India

Well I don't what confrontation and know I'm pretty safe on CW

Was just hoping someone from the sub continent could tell me what the feel is and if Test cricket is as good as dead there. I think the theory that 20-20 would attract new fans to Test cricket is just not happening.
    Ok Test cricket is not the most popular form of cricket in the subcontinent.
    Pakistan not playing at home has not helped matters either but even then, I remember the 2006 series against India which Pakistan won had mostly empty stands.
    This is how I look at it.
    T20 cricket is far more popular, makes much more money and is here to stay. Fans like those on CW are a minority.
    Is T20 going to win new fans for cricket? No.
    I have long accepted that test cricket is a niche sport and is never going to have mass popularity like football or even T20 cricket. Money however is extremely important to sustain test cricket and to keep it going which is why it is extremely important to make best use of the tiny proportion of test cricket fans from all around the world. Test cricket will have to look for alternative means of revenue and minimise reliance on ticket sales at the ground. This test match is being played on an empty ground literally. Internet, smart phones, tablets, smart TVs are the future, Test cricket will have to use internet to distribute and reach out to the fans and make money out of it. I am now sitting in one corner and watching this game illegally because there isn't a legal way to watch this game for me. Test cricket will have to find a way to reach out to fans like you and me from different parts of the world and offer us live cricket through internet, and use that as a revenue stream.
    I know this is a very complex topic and to go further into this would be beyond the scope of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    He's still got nothing on my uncle Charles.

Page 11 of 55 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread Information