• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan v Sri Lanka in UAE 2013/14

salman85

International Debutant
This should be a pretty dominant win for us if Asad gets going.Add another 100-150 runs to the lead and its probably setting up for an innings win.Although if SL break this partnership early,the possibility of an innings win will be over.Should still be a dominant win for us though.Dont see SL coming back from here.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Haven't been keeping up with stuff over the last 2 days - was Kulasekara injured or something? Why the **** is Lakmal in the team ahead of him?
Nuwan is indeed injured, but I get the feeling they wouldn't have picked him anyway.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I miss India v Pak so much :(
I think Pakistan are keen to play them in the UAE as well but the BCCI are refusing on the grounds of "we don't play Tests at neutral venues". It should count as a forfeit on the ICC Test rankings as far as I'm concerned as that's a rubbish excuse. Security concerns are understandable, but objecting to Pakistan trying to keep cricket alive in their country by setting up a base somewhere else for the time being is terrible.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
India's refusal should be counted as a win for us. However, I would be happy if Pak were to play a home Test series in India.

Jassy

Banned
Beggars can't be choosers.

We had our home series vs England in England.
New Zealand not England.

PEWS, India will never play Pakistan in the UAE because India vs Pakistan matches at Sharjah have a history of match fixing allegations, claims, counter claims and alleged underworld involvement (which incidentally includes Javed Miandad's in laws). I am sure BCCI won't object to a series in England or something but it will never happen. However, they have apparently promised Pakistan a series after the Indian elections later this year if Najam Sethi is to be believed. Whether or not this will materialise is anyone's guess.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
PEWS, India will never play Pakistan in the UAE because India vs Pakistan matches at Sharjah have a history of match fixing allegations, claims, counter claims and alleged underworld involvement (which incidentally includes Javed Miandad's in laws).
If they said that then I'd be fine with it. But they said, and I quote "There is no way we’ll play at a neutral venue" (source). That's frankly not good enough.

Jassy

Banned
If they said that then I'd be fine with it. But they said, and I quote "There is no way we’ll play at a neutral venue" (source). That's frankly not good enough.
The bloke in question is an underworld don by the name of Dawood Ibrahim (may have to google him up if you need background on the case because it will derail the thread). It is a very sensitive issue and I'd be very surprised if they weren't under orders from the Indian Govt to keep their mouths shut because it could have far reaching repercussions. No fan of the BCCI at all mind, they are idiots in general but I'm fairly certain they aren't averse to playing Pakistan somewhere other than at UAE but that is very unlikely to happen. England would be the only realistic option because of the large Indian/Pakistani contingent there but after the Asif/Butt/Amir saga even that is no longer a possibility.

Sharjah :
Return to Sharjah, where 'match fixing started' - Telegraph

Sharjah's decade of cricketing injustice | The National

Jassy

Banned
From the link : The Board for Cricket Control in India (BCCI) has refused to send Indian team to tour Pakistan in August 2013 citing security concerns and rejected proposal of play against them at any neutral venue or in India, it has been learnt.

Notice how they've even refused to play them in India. This was done at the direction of the Indian Govt following the Mumbai attacks in 2008 (again, a a quick search might be helpful). Whether or not politics and cricket should be kept separate is a different debate entirely, but the BCCI's hands are tied so to speak.

salman85

International Debutant
There is always a political element to Pak vs India.With the elections approaching next year, the indian government is going to take a hard line on things concerning Pakistan which sadly also impacts cricket. Any news on an Pakistan India series will only be confirmed after the elections IMO,

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
That was a stunning over from Lakmal, perhaps he could be a test standard bowler one day. Both pacers bowling very well atm, Junaid and the Pakistani quicks will be getting excited seeing this inconsistent bounce though...

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh thank **** for that - Sri Lanka's DRS disasters don't continue for now. Moron coms said they couldn't hear a noise but there certainly was one and the ball appeared to pass the bat with no daylight in between. Good decision IMO

Last edited:

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Good Lord, Matthews going mad with power here. Misbah walking down the crease, hit above the height of the stumps to a ball still rising. What was I saying about DRS disasters?

Last edited:

salman85

International Debutant
Disappointed with the collapse today.Still,a lead of almost 200 is huge.

We should wrap this up inside 4 days IMO.