• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shane Watson

wiff

First Class Debutant
He suffers from Dr. Strangelove Syndrome. One hand acts independently of the rest of the body, performing actions that are in direct opposition to the person’s intention. Your right hand, for example, might aim to hit the ball through cover, while your left hand reaches around and gives short leg a cheeky pinch on the buttocks.

Due to its willfulness, people tend to associate the hand with a specific personality, which is usually that of a total ****ing dickhead. Nice guy otherwise.

Dawood Ahmad

U19 Vice-Captain
Shane watson, the naturally agressive aussie, with an intricate ability to hit the ball hard and a good bowling of swinging at off-stump, can easily be rated as the greatest of T20 all rounders.
In One days and tests, he has a costly knowledge that which bowler is dangerous for his existence and which one has the capacity to be attacked.

Last edited:

GuyFromLancs

State Vice-Captain
In the motion picture Moneyball, Billy Beane (Brad Pitt) plays a Baseball coach who when he was a young player, was said to possess the big 3 things in Baseball. He could pitch, he could bat, and he could bat with power. Unfortunately Beane's career never happened like it should have.

Watson needs to avoid becoming the Beane of cricket in his last few years.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
In the motion picture Moneyball, Billy Beane (Brad Pitt) plays a Baseball coach who when he was a young player, was said to possess the big 3 things in Baseball. He could pitch, he could bat, and he could bat with power. Unfortunately Beane's career never happened like it should have.

Watson needs to avoid becoming the Beane of cricket in his last few years.
Going into pedant mode. Can't help it. There really is nothing right about the way you structured those first few words. Billy Beane does not play a baseball coach in a motion picture. Billy Beane is a real life baseball general manager.

Also, I don't really give a **** about baseball, but I have read Moneyball and I don't seem to recall those being the 3 tools. I seem to remember 5, and that pitching isn't one of them.

Sorry

GuyFromLancs

State Vice-Captain
Yes, he was a manager you're right.

To be honest, i was half-remembering watching it from 2 years ago.

What were the 5 attributes then?

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Yes, he was a manager you're right.

To be honest, i was half-remembering watching it from 2 years ago.

Couldn't remember off the top of my head, but according to Wikipedia, they're hitting for average, hitting for power, baserunning skills and speed, throwing ability, and fielding abilities.

But yeah, why are we posting about baseball again? Anything to avoid Shane Watson I suppose

Ah crap! I mentioned him

Last edited:

G.I.Joe

International Coach
In the motion picture Moneyball, Billy Beane (Brad Pitt) plays a Baseball coach who when he was a young player, was said to possess the big 3 things in Baseball. He could pitch, he could bat, and he could bat with power............

Also, I don't really give a **** about baseball, but I have read Moneyball and I don't seem to recall those being the 3 tools. I seem to remember 5, and that pitching isn't one of them.

Sorry

Couldn't remember off the top of my head, but according to Wikipedia, they're hitting for average, hitting for power, baserunning skills and speed, throwing ability, and fielding abilities.
And chewin' tobacco.
Ability to use a spittoon.
benchy, pls to replace last two with Watson's vaping etiquette rules.