• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Langer should be dropped

Status
Not open for further replies.

george

Cricket Spectator
You talk about the profile of langer and martyn,I respect australia cos they have this amazing depth in the squad,when brett lee did not perform the selectors dropped him and i think bowling has become a more difficult job than batting so why give the batsmen an extended run and when the bowler has 3 games where does not perform he gets dropped,IF langer or martyn does not perform drop them and bring in another batsmen more hungary for runs.:cool2:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
age_master said:
(odi's)
Martyn is unable to play strokes early in his innings, apart from slogging, he makes this up by pushing alot of runs later in his innings.
Which means he still ends up with a better scoring rate than the other batsmen...

I'm sorry but there is no arguement here! You cannot criticise someone for not scoring quickly enough then change your arguement to "he does not score fast enough at the beginning" then damning yourself by saying "but he scores quickly at the end to make up for it." Exactly, he makes up for the slow start after playing himself in, yet ends up scoring faster than the other batsmen, get it? HE ENDS UP SCORING FASTER IN THE END so why shouldn't he play himself in if he knows he can accelerate the pace later?

Linda

International Vice-Captain
I 100% agree with Rik.

How can people march around blowing people off when they havent done anything wrong? Langer made a century a couple of Tests ago and your saying drop him?! Where do you get your ideas?

And saying that Martyn doesnt score fast is just stupid. Really, have a good look at what you said a_m, if he makes up for a slow start, what exactly is the problem?:rolleyes:

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This is the second time a thread has come up about Langer being dropped and he scores a ton.

I bet he hopes there are alot more.

krkode

State Captain
Mister Wright said:
This is the second time a thread has come up about Langer being dropped and he scores a ton.

I bet he hopes there are alot more.
And it was no ordinary ton! :wow:

It's a murderer! :O

Good thing he's gone, though :P

Eclipse

International Debutant
Kumble was getting so ****ed off at Langer's sweeping lol.

It was a very good inning's I loved that reverse sweep to bring up his ton.

Linda

How come this question-your-position-and-then-you-score-a-tonne thing doesnt happen for Marto??:(

V Reddy

International Debutant
Linda said:
How come this question-your-position-and-then-you-score-a-tonne thing doesnt happen for Marto??:(
Since you have said this :rolleyes:, Martyn will score a century in the second innings :yawn:

Linda

No, not me! I have never questioned his position. :O He is a :saint: through and through. Others have though, it just didnt work...:(

V Reddy

International Debutant
Linda said:
No, not me! I have never questioned his position. :O He is a :saint: through and through. Others have though, it just didnt work...:(
Hope it doesn't work in the second innings too :P

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Andre said:
This is a ridiculous thread.

For starters, name an opener who will do better than him inj Australia?

There isn't exactly an embarrasment of riches in the opening stocks out here.
Hussey, Maher, Elliott, Slater if he gets out of hospital and regains his form...
Langer isn't even an opener, but I agree he's certainly better than all of them.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Eclipse said:
It just show's how strong Australian cricket has been.

I mean it's crazy to think of droping Justin Langer most team's would Kill for him.
I'd take him at six for us, though I'd prefer Lehmann if I had the option.
If Langer opened for England and we got some proper English conditions he'd be mercilessly exposed by a top-class attack.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
It's all ifs isn't?

Never mind his near 5000 runs at an average in the mid 40s.
Never mind he's scored 2406 runs at 51.19 when opening and has 10 centuries and 8 fifties in his 50 knocks.

No, Richard has decreed he's not an opener because of ifs so it must be true!

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
No, Richard has decreed he's not an opener because of ifs so it must be true!
And Richard has posted something so you have to try and put one over him :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :yawn:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Well when he posts something so stupid as that full of ifs and maybes, it needs to be rebutted.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
Well when he posts something so stupid as that full of ifs and maybes, it needs to be rebutted.
I don't see anything anywhere saying it must be. So, he doesn't explain it fully, but then, you are hardly the world's leading exponent at explaining your point! A lot of the time it does seem that you are right just because you are, no reason given. And that you can comment on others, because, of course, you are never wrong.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Rik said:
I don't see anything anywhere saying it must be.
Isn't that the whole concept of a discussion.

If bad points aren't picked up and rebutted the whole forum would have about 3 posts a day.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
Isn't that the whole concept of a discussion.

If bad points aren't picked up and rebutted the whole forum would have about 3 posts a day.
It just happens to be the whole concept of a discussion because you used it as the sole reason for your almost constant picking on Richard.

The forum wouldn't have 3 posts a day. We would talk about Cricket, not how much you think Richard is an idiot. Isn't that the whole point of CRICKET CHAT?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Rik said:
It just happens to be the whole concept of a discussion because you used it as the sole reason for your almost constant picking on Richard.
So basically you are saying I cannot respond to anything, yet others can post what they want?

If I see a post I disagree with from anyone, I respond. I do not keep bringing things up unless it's in response to someone else posting something, yet you accuse me of being the one to constantly drag things up.

Status
Not open for further replies.