• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rank your country's commentary team

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
yeah dunno what you guys are on about, Sachin turned heel after his autobiography.

I remember someone once on this forum saying how funny it'd be after so many years of cricket and saying basically nothing interesting, once he eventually retired he'd start unleashing on everyone, and it actually happened! Wish I knew who said it on here.

Last edited:

indiaholic

International Captain
And did Sachin turn heel in his autobiography? I read some supposedly controversial excerpts but found nothing.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I remember when SA beat Australia here for the first time and Neil Manthorpe dos some great work on the radio. He was excellent and seemed thoroughly charming. Then he went home and wrote a horrendous hatchet piece about his time in Australia, which seemed really poor form on his part. Made him look a ****.

Kiwi commentators are almost universally horrible whingers. Ian Smith a classic example. As soon as things go awry he just carries on a treat. Same with Waddle. Has always sounded like he's sucking on a ****ing lemon. Likes to have a sly dig in commentary, but cops it back as sulks. Awful.

Jim Maxwell on the abc is great. Pretty much all of the channel nine lot are utter **** these days. Best part of the most boring summer in history this year was when Bill made a come back. The rest can **** off.

Burgey

Give yourself an uppercut, Boycs is a national treasure. The fact his touring show with Jonathan Agnew sells out anywhere they go in the country is testament to this.
Didn't he get done for touching up his missus? Dead set the most despicable thing a man can do. Automatically makes you in the top echelon of dire human beings.

Burgey

yeah dunno what you guys are on about, Sachin turned heel after his autobiography.

I remember someone once on this forum saying how funny it'd be after so many years of cricket and saying basically nothing interesting, once he eventually retired he'd start unleashing on everyone, and it actually happened! Wish I knew who said it on here.
I believe that was me. And I'm pretty pissd off you didn't remember it was me.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I remember when SA beat Australia here for the first time and Neil Manthorpe dos some great work on the radio. He was excellent and seemed thoroughly charming. Then he went home and wrote a horrendous hatchet piece about his time in Australia, which seemed really poor form on his part. Made him look a ****.

Kiwi commentators are almost universally horrible whingers. Ian Smith a classic example. As soon as things go awry he just carries on a treat. Same with Waddle. Has always sounded like he's sucking on a ****ing lemon. Likes to have a sly dig in commentary, but cops it back as sulks. Awful.

Jim Maxwell on the abc is great. Pretty much all of the channel nine lot are utter **** these days. Best part of the most boring summer in history this year was when Bill made a come back. The rest can **** off.
What was Manthorpe complaining about?

Burgey

What was Manthorpe complaining about?
Everything really. He went back and wrote a really spiteful piece back home. You'd have almost thought he was a Kiwi he was that lacking in grace after a win. What I yhought was really ordinary was that he was really charming while he was here and didn't give a hint that he thought otherwise.

I mean, Indians tour here all the time and carry on like the spoilt brats they are when they always lose, but at least they do it while they're here.

indiaholic

International Captain
Everything really. He went back and wrote a really spiteful piece back home. You'd have almost thought he was a Kiwi he was that lacking in grace after a win. What I yhought was really ordinary was that he was really charming while he was here and didn't give a hint that he thought otherwise.

I mean, Indians tour here all the time and carry on like the spoilt brats they are when they always lose, but at least they do it while they're here.
:laugh: :wub:

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
I like Manthorp, if he did that its poor taste... But everyone else on SABC is just too poor and the worst is Makaya Ntini by a solar unit... So that just makes Neil look better, very similar to Robin Jackman... The rest of Supersport the less saod the better.

Locally:

Jackman (supersport)
Manthorp (sabc)

Smith (supersport)
Alviro Pietersen (sabc)

Everyone else

Burgey

I like Manthorp, if he did that its poor taste... But everyone else on SABC is just too poor and the worst is Makaya Ntini by a solar unit... So that just makes Neil look better, very similar to Robin Jackman... The rest of Supersport the less saod the better.

Locally:

Jackman (supersport)
Manthorp (sabc)

Smith (supersport)
Alviro Pietersen (sabc)

Everyone else
Yeah I rate him as a commentator too. That's why it stood out so much when he did it. The bloke is a quality commentator.

smash84

The Tiger King

Locally:

Jackman (supersport)
Manthorp (sabc)

Smith (supersport)
Alviro Pietersen (sabc)

Everyone else
Mike Haysman is so freaking annoying. Place him in the Makhaya Ntini bracket.

Burner

International Regular
I liked Nasser Hussain from the little I've seen of him. Wasim Akram too I thought was pretty good. Far too many commentators are now talking very less of what is happening in the match which annoys the hell out of me.