• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What now for Andy Bichel?

Eclipse

International Debutant
marc71178 said:
Yet how many times have you and other Aussies criticised English bowlers for averaging 40 in a high scoring series...
Well I am willing to criticise the Australian bowlers and I have been if you look at some of my post's eg. the Brett Lee is rubish thread. I dont see why I am doing anything wrong It's certainly not double standerd's at all so long as I dont make excusses for Australian players and bag others.

I dont think Bracken is up to test standerd nor is William's or Lee IMO.

When I said an avrage of 40 is not bad for this series I ment in the context of how other bowlers have done but I still dont think it's anywere nere good enough. I was having a laugh when I was writing that BTW notice the "lol"

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Rik said:
I hope he does play. If you want to find sub-standard you only need to look at Bracken and Williams...
Ohoho yes, Williams and Bracken certainly are substandard. Not to mention Lee and MacGill.
But I don't rate Bichel as Test-class, either. His FC record is better than theirs, but I just don't think he's got what it takes. He's never been the most accurate either. Him and Kasprowicz would do better opening for Qld, leave international cricket to the big boyz (McGrath, Gillespie and Warne).
Mind, I'd not rate his chances of getting back in too low. Williams and Bracken aren't likely to last long - who else is there? Inness is having a poor season by his standards.

hourn

U19 Cricketer
Bich should be in the team now. We wouldn't be in this mighty mess at the moment i reckon if he was there.

hourn

U19 Cricketer
Richard said:
Inness is having a poor season by his standards.
I think the first 3 months of this season may have just broken Inness fractionally. H'es got a great record, but got denied getting picked for Australia, than got injured, now is sick (glandular fever i think?) and i think he's lost a bit of confidence about the selection policies.

If he bounces back from this it will prove his character. I've always been a fan. Ordinary action, but when you've got numbers like his, you can't deny him all that long.

Eclipse

International Debutant
There are quite a few talented young bowlers coming through but they are mostly all a little raw.

If you saw Tait I am sure you would be impressed maybe not by his accuracy because he still need's to sort out a few bug's in his action but he is very quick and get's plenty of swing even when the ball is old. And movment off the seam because he really bang's the ball into the pitch extreamly hard.

Strangly enough I have never seen a bowler who consistantly has the ball edjed through gully in the air down to the boundry.
Maybe that's just been coincidence because I have only seen him bowl in 4-5 matches.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Maybe him and his captain should place a third-man more often?
Come to that, maybe EVERY bowler should place a third-man more often. In fact, no, cut the maybe.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
hourn said:
I think the first 3 months of this season may have just broken Inness fractionally. H'es got a great record, but got denied getting picked for Australia, than got injured, now is sick (glandular fever i think?) and i think he's lost a bit of confidence about the selection policies.

If he bounces back from this it will prove his character. I've always been a fan. Ordinary action, but when you've got numbers like his, you can't deny him all that long.
Glandular fever.:( Not nice.
If he's as good as I think he is I'm fully confident he'll bounce back.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
hourn said:
Bich should be in the team now. We wouldn't be in this mighty mess at the moment i reckon if he was there.
I really don't see much on the evidence of the rest of the series to suggest that. He was hammered for the first 2 Tests. I suspect a similar thing would have happened at The SCG had he played instead of Bracken or Lee.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Eclipse said:
Bracken's problem is he cant swing the ball unless it's new and his pace is only 125-137.

He has got one thing going for him he is very accurate hence why he is a very good ODI bowler.

And an avrage of 40 with the ball in this series is quite good lol looking at bowling figures almost evryone is avraging higher than 35 with the ball only one player is avraging under 30.
Craig said:
And plus Bracken has a poor action.
Have you thought that the two could be connected...
Why on Earth Bracken was picked for the Tests I'll never know. Maybe now they'll learn to judge on domestic First-Class cricket rather than on ODIs and their interpretation of his potential.