• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is Matt "Irongloves" Prior the best keeper England have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Always struck me as being pretty overrated - an OK keeper + a mediocre batsman at best - was a massive comedown from Geraint Jones.

He's averaged 19 in the tests he's played this year against lowly Australia. Surely South Africa have got a younger keeper they can give England who could at least churn out similar numbers if not better with the added promise of potentially getting better?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I must admit, I do have a soft spot for poor old Geraint. I maintain to this day that he was a fair bit better than his performances suggested. Didn't have the bottle for it though, would be my assessment.

But yes, this thread is nearly on a par with some of the ones I have created. It's probably not quite that bad, however.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Always struck me as being pretty overrated - an OK keeper + a mediocre batsman at best - was a massive comedown from Geraint Jones.

He's averaged 19 in the tests he's played this year against lowly Australia. Surely South Africa have got a younger keeper they can give England who could at least churn out similar numbers if not better with the added promise of potentially getting better?
Not even the best keeper/bat package in his touring party.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
How much truth was there in the talk that Chris Read wasn't much kop diving to his right?

Pretty big fault for 'MUH BEST KEEPER IN THE WORLD!!111ONEONE' I'd have thought.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Alt question: Is Matt Prior very smart?

I mean, two first ball ducks in Brisbane. He clearly wants to spend as little time outside in Brisbane as possible. Smart man imo

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
And to think people were mocking this thread but a few hours ago....pffffftttt!

Although I will admit I overinflated his average against Australia this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.