• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Highlight of the year 2003

biased indian

International Coach
Looking forward to 2004

The match or series that u feel was the best of 2003

&

The match or series that u feel will be the best of 2004

Last edited:

krkode

State Captain
Yeah, I too loved the World Cup. And the current India-Australia series.

Speaking of world cup - Tendulkar's 98 vs Pakistan especially. I hadn't seen a cricket match for 2 years until then, and boy what a good match to restart seeing matches!! :P

As for 04, I agree with age_master, Australia in India should be good. Especially after what happened in 2001 and what is happen now... :D

Rich2001

International Captain
Tough call....

Australia vs India in India will always be intresting, but I also feel the England in the West Indies will be a great series also if both teams play to their potential, England will certianly much pefere to be back on the pace tracks after the pain of WI.

Also may not be exciting in the runs and wickets sense but I feel the England v NZ mini series will be a really good battle.

And of course the mini World Cup with the ICC Trophy will be good to watch, even if all the groups are a formality, the knockout stages will be good.

Should be a good year all round :)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
The World Cup was a farce best forgotten as soon as possible. So much wrong with it it was untrue. Taken after the brilliance of 1999 it was especially disappointing.
It's never possible to say with any certainty what will be the best in the future, as for me the best cricket usually comes with evenly-matched sides, but not always. Hence India-Australia shouldn't be too good as India are overwhelmingly superior if we get proper Indian conditions. However, the England-West Indies Test-series' could be contests of mediocrity, or runfests (lots of good batsmen, no good bowlers, pitches unlikely to offer much to any bowlers).
One thing for certain, there will be too much cricket played just as there has been for the last 6 or 7 years.

best series of 2003 -

ODIs:WC 2003
best of WC:Sachin 98 v pak

Tests:Ind-Aus series
best test:adelaide test between ind and aus

best series of 2004 -

ODIs:asia cup 2004

Tests:Ind in Pak

V Reddy

International Debutant
I think the WC was the highlight. It was the most entertaining WC i had ever seen ( maybe b'coz India did well ;) ) . Canada beating Ban , Kenya semifinalist, Eng - Aus match, India-Pak match , WI-Saf match,etc,. were all superb. I thought WI beating Aus 3 times in a row was superb too. In 2004, i expect Aus-Srl series to be a good one , Ind-Pak too but i think Pak hold the edge with Shoiab and Sami and playing in home conditions .

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Best Match:

WI v Aus 4th Test
NZ v SA in WC.
WI v SA in WC.
Kenya v SL in WC.
WI v Zim 4th ODI.
WI v Zim 2nd Test.

I can't comment on games I haven't seen and I've seen West Indies play far more than any other team.

krkode

State Captain
Richard said:
The World Cup was a farce best forgotten as soon as possible. So much wrong with it it was untrue. Taken after the brilliance of 1999 it was especially disappointing.
It's never possible to say with any certainty what will be the best in the future, as for me the best cricket usually comes with evenly-matched sides, but not always. Hence India-Australia shouldn't be too good as India are overwhelmingly superior if we get proper Indian conditions. However, the England-West Indies Test-series' could be contests of mediocrity, or runfests (lots of good batsmen, no good bowlers, pitches unlikely to offer much to any bowlers).
One thing for certain, there will be too much cricket played just as there has been for the last 6 or 7 years.
It may well have been a farce for many teams, but for India and Australia that is an unfair adjective. Especially, for India. I doubt many teams would have come in India's way irrespective of the forfeited matches, etc. And surely no team would've come in Australia's way. :P

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Richard said:

Yet again nothing to back this sweeping statement up.

How was it a farce? What was wrong with it?

Craig

World Traveller
marc71178 said:

I felt it was pretty entertaining.

Seeing John Davison tee off was something special.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:

OK, I would have thought that was obvious:
1, politics overshadowing the whole thing. I said it was inevitable, but it's still a crying shame and magnficently poor in timing.
2, stacks of rubbish players playing, some being championed (Lee from the Super Six onwards being the most obvious).
3, plenty of good players missing-out, and some playing and having dreadful tournaments.
4, substandard Canadians getting ridiculously good figures; Davison (18.something and the fastest century), Codrington, Thurasingham (both averaging under 30), etc. Not to mention the Dutchman with a bowling-average of 12.something, Daan Van Bunge.
5, many potentially good teams having terrible tournaments (Pakistan and South Africa esp.) Australia's supremacy misportrayed.
6, people saying it was a good tournament. Just because "the best team won". What rubbish.

Craig

World Traveller
So?

Just because somebody plays for a lower team, they arent excatly hopeless.

Some lower teams to have good players like Maurice Odumbe and Steve Tikolo for Kenya.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Richard said:
stacks of rubbish players playing, some being championed (Lee from the Super Six onwards being the most obvious).
Lee rubbish.

Run that one by us again?

If he's rubbish in ODI's, the rest of the world bar 2 or 3 may as well just give up now, as it makes them worse than rubbish!